Smart phones, especially Samsung ...
Mar 6, 2024 at 12:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

drummerman1

100+ Head-Fier
I am bloody annoyed. I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 (6.1inch screen) and security, battery and photography wise it's a turd!

Don't get me wrong, it is reliable, very reliable. It get's updates, even if they are a little late compared to others. I love the form factor, I like the Android interface after a bit of a house clean and fettling. I even like the HD resolution (as opposed to quad HD on the Ultra), no issues there.

What bugs me is in the first paragraph. The photo quality is abysmal. I have pictures from my first Galaxy S7 which wipe the floor with the S22's (Night photos except). It seems to me that in the quest to improve night time photography (who the **** takes most of their photos at night) they skimp on daytime photo quality. Samsung apparently uses exactly the same photo hardware in their latest S24 as in the 22 ... that's 3 years in a row! The only difference now is improved AI.

I need to upgrade but am very hesitant to go with Samsung. Furthermore, us Europeans don't get the same Qualcom processor as the yanks, which consistently outperformed the Exinox or whatever it's called processor we get over here, year after year. Now that is not hugely important as I have never reached a time where it struggled, even during gaming but it just shows how we get ****ed in comparison.

Security, don't get me started. The 2D face scan on the S22 is just lousy. Why did they even bother? The finger print sensor does not work if a thin screen protector is fitted, not even if screen sensitivity is increased.

Battery life is woeful. Lasting barely a day.

Now the new S24 is out and all the shills praise it. Will I believe them?

**** that. Iphone it is this time round. My GF has a 14 Pro and it beats the Samsunk in every which way other than perhaps the functionality and versatility of Android. Photos are better, face unlock works and works well, battery is outstanding in comparison.

Samsung go **** yourself.

Rant over :relaxed:.

Thanks for listening, I feel better now x

Mar 7, 2024 at 3:47 PM Post #2 of 2
Nice try justifying a totally pointless purchase of a new phone. Of course you will succeed you only need to convince yourself.

Do you really care about camera while not getting a real professional camera? Any mobile phone made in the last 10 years take acceptable photos it don´t matter :)

a day is perfectly fine or are you awake 24/7?

Security would you ever care about that if it was crap on your phone 14 Pro you try to justify the cost for :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back