Small cross bag (chest height) for 1x DAP when on the go
Jan 4, 2022 at 11:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

The1Signature

1000+ Head-Fier
i am searching a small cross bag where the bag itself is positioned on chest level.

do you have any experiences?

the only one i found is from horizon studios.
cross-black-s-mood-899fc7.jpg

Jan 23, 2022 at 10:16 AM Post #2 of 22
push

Jan 23, 2022 at 1:33 PM Post #3 of 22
I started looking for something like this more than a year ago. I never could find something meeting all my wants (I would be willing to pay $$$$ for such a bag***). Ultimately, early 2021, I settled for a combination of these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IR4KIPC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8N28YG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My use case: something to wear cross-body style, only for holding my DAP (pretty much every cross-body bags I've found are way too big for my needs). I use it for movement around the house/my property. It works for my purpose, but I'd prefer something higher quality/more comfortable.

***the one you have pictured looks pretty good to me; I'm gonna see if they'll ship to me in the U.S.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 22
i have the exact case like you! i just want to have a cross-body bag where just my DAP fits in, done. exactly like you, i want it when i am walking around at home and do not want to put the dap into my jeans pocket.

you "made" your solution. maybe i have to do it this way, too. because i don't want to spend so much money any random brand.

Jan 23, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #5 of 22
Yeah, it just doesn't look like any accessory makers have exactly what we want. I think I'll be looking for a new (wider, for comfort) belt to use with the case I currently have.

I looked at Horizn Studios; that bag you have pictured, while still bigger than I'd prefer, looks pretty damn close to what I want. With shipping to the U.S, however, even with the bag currently being on sale, it would cost ~$115USD; $50 just for shipping.

Feb 3, 2022 at 9:47 PM Post #9 of 22
O.K., so earlier today, I ordered one of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003540380862.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.4bba4c4dD82eBN

Screen-Shot-2022-02-03-at-8-40-55-PM.png

I'm not expecting much in terms of build quality, as it cost only a whopping $9.50USD (including shipping), and it's of plastic construction. Guessing I won't receive for quite some time.

Knowing myself, before I even get it, I'll relent and pony-up the ~$120USD for the Horizn Studios bag pictured in the OP, hahahaha. I have scoured the interwebs, and the cheap one from AE is the only thing I can find that's close to the Horizn Studios product.

I'd still prefer something a bit smaller, but, it's clear there simply is not enough demand for such a bag as I can't find anything else.

Feb 4, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #10 of 22
O.K., so earlier today, I ordered one of these https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003540380862.html?spm=a2g0o.9042311.0.0.4bba4c4dD82eBN

Screen-Shot-2022-02-03-at-8-40-55-PM.png

I'm not expecting much in terms of build quality, as it cost only a whopping $9.50USD (including shipping), and it's of plastic construction. Guessing I won't receive for quite some time.

Knowing myself, before I even get it, I'll relent and pony-up the ~$120USD for the Horizn Studios bag pictured in the OP, hahahaha. I have scoured the interwebs, and the cheap one from AE is the only thing I can find that's close to the Horizn Studios product.

I'd still prefer something a bit smaller, but, it's clear there simply is not enough demand for such a bag as I can't find anything else.
great product for the price.

i think i will buy that, too. thank you for the recommendation.

however, i see only 1 zipper per area, right?

2 zippers in each area would allow to have a small opening in the top for the IEM cable. in this case, one has to leave the zipper completely open or when it is closed, the cable goes out of the case somewhere on the bottom.

Feb 15, 2022 at 10:12 PM Post #12 of 22
i am searching a small cross bag where the bag itself is positioned on chest level.

do you have any experiences?

the only one i found is from horizon studios.
cross-black-s-mood-899fc7.jpg
LOL....I knew it.....even though that cheap cross-body bag I ordered from Alie is still likely weeks away from getting to me, I just placed an order for the Gion bag from Horizn Studios pictured above.

It doesn't meet all my wants (it's a little too big; it doesn't have double zipper closure which would give more flexibility for headphone/IEM cable exit), but I have hunted all across the internet and I can't find anything of "good" quality that compares.

$50USD just for shipping, but oh well.

Upon receipt, I'll share pics and thoughts here.

Feb 21, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #13 of 22
As promised, here are pics of the Gion cross body bag (pictured in the OP) by Horizn Studios that I ordered last week and was delivered today. I only wish it had double-zipper closure (for more flexible headphone/IEM cable exit options). However, other than that, my initial impressions are very favorable. Nice build quality; nice materials. Out-of-pocket for this was not cheap ($50USD just for shipping didn't help in that regard, hahahaha).

IMG_0085.jpeg

IMG_0086.jpeg

IMG_0087.jpeg

Feb 22, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #14 of 22
@feverfive
thank you so much for sharing the pictures with us.

yeah, the zipper on one side only will always be a problem.

Feb 27, 2022 at 3:36 PM Post #15 of 22

Users who are viewing this thread

Back