Sleek & Sexy Non-IEMs? Anyone?
Feb 26, 2009 at 5:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Nosoupforyou

100+ Head-Fier
I got referred back here from the Full-Size Headphone forum.

I'm looking for some really sleek, small, comfortable headphones for a girl who currently has iPod earbuds. She listens to alternative rock. I'm trying to stay below $100. She hates IEMs. Sound quality's important but, in this case, it's second to sleekness & comfort. Any ideas? Someone suggested that behind-the-neck might be good.

Thanks!

Feb 26, 2009 at 9:01 AM Post #5 of 16
I had a Sony e868 once (cheaper version of e888), and it was pretty sexy. Can't comment about the SQ as it was a long long time ago. Not sure if they still make them...

Sennheiser Worldwide - MX 95 VC Style II - noise cancelling Earphones, Headphones, metallic design - Private Audio

MX_95_VC_ProductImage.jpg

Audio-Technica - Microphones, headphones, wireless microphone systems, noise-cancelling headphones & more : ATH-EC700 : Ear-Bud/Clip-on Hybrid Headphones

audio_technica_ath_ec700-400-400.jpg

Audio-Technica - Microphones, headphones, wireless microphone systems, noise-cancelling headphones & more : ATH-EM7 GM : Adjustable Aluminum Clip-on Headphones

audio_technica_ath_em7_gm-400-400.jpg

Feb 26, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #6 of 16
I am SO getting shot for this, but perhaps the Bose in ear thingies?
I know my GF loves them, she just likes the comfortable muddiness of 'em
tongue.gif

Feb 26, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #7 of 16
walkingman... beautiful post, and thanks a hell of a lot for the pictures. I'm going to research all three of those, see which one has the best price/performance ratio. Right now, though, I'm looking at the EC700 -- any comment on sound quality?

Also, since I've been posting on the Full Size Headphones forums, someone suggested the Audio Technica ATH-ON3, which I think are nearly perfect. Does anyone have these headphones? Can anyone comment on their sound quality?

Feb 26, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #8 of 16
Ignoring Budget
smily_headphones1.gif

AT ESW9, ESW10JPN
Phiaton Modena MS300, MS400

Stays in Budget
frown.gif

AT ES7, SQ5, ATH-EM7

AT ES7 not really that comfortable thou... but its fairly sleek. Fullsize is way more comfortable or clipons.

Feb 26, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #9 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosoupforyou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
walkingman... beautiful post, and thanks a hell of a lot for the pictures. I'm going to research all three of those, see which one has the best price/performance ratio. Right now, though, I'm looking at the EC700 -- any comment on sound quality?

Welcome. I have never listened to any of those since I am an IEM guy (or at least for the past few years, ever since moving to London) so I can't comment on the SQ. I only suggested those as I've read good stuff about them, come from reputable brands and they look really really good as well.

Feb 26, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #10 of 16
Easy -- Koss KSC75 -- $15 on Amazon.com

If she wants to try some earbuds (not technically an IEM), try the Yuin PK3, they are $40 and sound great.

Feb 27, 2009 at 3:19 AM Post #13 of 16
OK, just throwing this out there. I certainly choose sound over style (hello UE and Etymotic), but I was on the Altec-Lansing site yesterday and they have a number of stylish-looking IEMs and earbuds. If style is important, maybe they would do.

Otherwise, I also recommend the Yuin, maybe the midrange Sonys, or even the Bose IE (supposed to be decent compared to Bose's other products).

I am now going to hide in shame...

Feb 27, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #14 of 16
These are only $20 but she won't know
wink.gif
and they look really nice (at least for a girl) with Swarovski crystals.
Altec Lansing > Change Language & Regions

I also think the ES7 looks nice.

These Sony's also look pretty nice.
Reader Digital Book - eBook Reader - MP3 Player - Bluetooth - Headphones - Portable Headphones - DRBT21GB - Sony Style Canada

Some similar looking clip-ons:
Reader Digital Book - eBook Reader - MP3 Player - Bluetooth - Headphones - Portable Headphones - MDRQ68LWB - Sony Style Canada

I also like the look of a lot of the Audio Technicas but I'm trying to suggest some new things.

By the way, your name is awesome. I assume its a Seinfeld reference from the Soup Nazi episode: a classic
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back