Sleek SA6 W1: Wireless In Ear Monitors
Oct 20, 2008 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

NeObliviscaris

Niiice!
Previously known as FeedMeTrance
I am not yet ready to post full blown reviews/impressions, however, I am greatly impressed!

This thread would be a great source for discussion of current owners and future owners!

My current setup: iPod, Pico, W1 is fantasticly amazing, crystal clear sound, words can't explain.

As I do more critical listening I will post updates.

So for now, photos:

n571610728_1936186_3522.jpg

n571610728_1936187_3865.jpg

n571610728_1936188_4205.jpg

n571610728_1936189_4535.jpg

n571610728_1936175_9992.jpg

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 16
Thats about as portable as an eeePC in a pocket. While wireless still means an extra battery and transmitter in a portable amp sized box I'd rather just have the lead under my shirt.

The sound quality's great because it's not over bluetooth which requires compression.. At least that's what I've heard..

Oct 20, 2008 at 11:33 AM Post #3 of 16
This is not using bluetooth technology. the bandwidth not bottlenecked like those on BT.

In term of portability, i wonder why people are going to prefer it compare to wired version... the wireless actually adding bulk and hassle due to battery pack.

but i can imagine the joy of listening to music around the house while the player and transmitter stored inside my room
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2008 at 12:19 PM Post #4 of 16
I'm amazed at how small the transmitter is! I think it would be awesome for working out or something? What's the range? That's a pretty bulky "portable" setup you've got there but I guess the good thing is that you could leave that in the bag and still use it..

Just a question tho; how does it work? Does it hang off the earphones? I realize it goes behind your neck but if it hangs off the earphones and weighs more than the standard cable (which I assume it does) then I'm sure it's gonna bug some people..

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #6 of 16
does using an amp still makes sense when going wireless??

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by dura /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does using an amp still makes sense when going wireless??

Apparently non-Bluetooth versions retain the sound quality.

Oct 20, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by brandnewgame /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Apparently non-Bluetooth versions retain the sound quality.

Kleer wireless technology, which is what sleek incorporate, provides CD lossless music wirelessly. I think bluetooth compresses the music in it's transmission process.

Oct 20, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #9 of 16
But the transmitter is not the "load" like a headphone is. The receiver has to power them.

Regards,
Jonas

Oct 20, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo-Vo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But the transmitter is not the "load" like a headphone is. The receiver has to power them.

Regards,
Jonas

Out of my stratosphere of knowledge I'm afraid
frown.gif
. Not yet owned or even used a (portable) headphone amp (it's on my hitlist) so I have some theoretical know-how but no real practical understanding.

Dec 17, 2008 at 6:03 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by trustedreviews.com
Range is quoted at about 60 feet, which we found to be accurate in an open air environment but through a brick wall or even through thick clothing, this quickly dropped to sub 20 feet. Still, it's enough that it gives you all the freedom you should need. Just don't expect to be able to plug the transmitter into your hi-fi downstairs and listen in your bed on the third floor.

20 ft is pretty decent for working transmission range... most bluetooth class 2 has a quoted range of 10meters (33 feet or so) but rarely works anywhere near that distance. not quite far enough to roam around the whole house though
frown.gif
and does sound quality degrade if you go farther away? and does anyone know what kind of plugs it uses? may want to look into making it work on other phones without slicing up cables :p

Dec 17, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #14 of 16
Well, if you want to avoid the headphone jack / amp of the iPod, I think you have to use an amp to get volume control, as there's apparently no volume control on the headphones. Too bad they didn't implement one - then ppl could use an LOD from iPod to the headphones.

Now only if someone could adapt/make the same devices for UEs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back