Sleek Audio CT20: First Impressions
Apr 1, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #34 of 303
wow. this is freaking crazy.
the sound would probably be mind blowing.
looking forward to trying one of this myself.

edit: just realised the thread was started today, April 1st.

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:45 AM Post #36 of 303
I just got my yesterday ,they were limited edition ,only 50 units produced and cost 2k more. (The special edition sound even more impressiv than the demo ,I tried few weeks ago )
The sound out of these mega earphones out of Ipod shuffle blown my HE90 combo +DCS DAC+ + jps aluminata cable,power cord  away.

For once in your life you have to hear them before you die,trust me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 1, 2011 at 10:49 AM Post #37 of 303

Quote:
UERM proves that 3 drivers is plenty for reference quality audio, after that you are just buying impact.  This product seems like a real gimmick but I'm sure someones probably still  going to buy it.  Personally I would like to see the reliability of 20 drivers - better hope their quality control is crazy good.  180 Ohms/130dB... would a personal monitoring receiver be capable of driving this?

I'm thinking this as well. Something about 20 drivers just seems far gimmicky to me. I am highly skeptic that they needed 20 drivers, or even 10 to achieve the quality of sound they have. Also at a $8,000 price tag and with the impedance, I'm not sure who these are marketed for. 

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #40 of 303
i want it to be real, but i'm guessing its a publicity stunt.  also, don't you think there would be more in depth closeup pics?  i'm willing to be that theres a max of 12 drivers stuffed in there, just judging from the pics

also, the sale ended last night for the special price 
wink.gif

"driver number 20 emits a frequency that acts as an aphrodisiac, for a truly invigorating audio experience." 
biggrin.gif

this screams april fools to me

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:07 AM Post #41 of 303
i only count about 9-10 drivers.... but its so crowded in each ear piece.  8k? they have to be making like 90 percent profit on this thing if its that much.  20 drivers? really?  all the makings for a good april fools

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #42 of 303
I already ordered mine 
beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #44 of 303

Quote:
i want it to be real, but i'm guessing its a publicity stunt.  also, don't you think there would be more in depth closeup pics?  i'm willing to be that theres a max of 12 drivers stuffed in there, just judging from the pics

also, the sale ended last night for the special price 
wink.gif

"driver number 20 emits a frequency that acts as an aphrodisiac, for a truly invigorating audio experience." 
biggrin.gif

this screams april fools to me

They put 10 SA7's dual-drivers in one piece to look like real.
FYI you can't use coil in IEMs' crossover. Hope this helps all who hasn't noticed the date.

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:16 AM Post #45 of 303
Mwahaha XD

Dang *sadface and goes to sulk in a corner*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back