Skullcandy Aviators - Flip cups upside down?
Jan 19, 2013 at 9:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

morph2k4

100+ Head-Fier
I picked up a pair of aviators on sale for 75 bucks.  I love the feel of the pads, making these a near perfect headphone for long plane rides.  I'm usually watching media rather than listening critically, so closed back and long term comfort are really all that matters to me.

The one thing wrong with them is that for some idiotic reason, skullcandy decided the cups should be upside down (form over function or pure stupidity, hard to say).  When flipped the other direction, they fit perfectly on the ear.

Has anyone tried to flip the cups upside down on these things so they are actually shaped like the human ear?

I disassembled mine to see about flipping the cups.  It looks like there is a clip that restricts the motion of the cups on their rods.  It seems to be identical to the clips around the top of the headband, but they are installed with the screw facing inward, ensuring that they cannot be removed without removing the drivers (which are glued in).  Anyone had any luck or done any brainstorming about how to accomplish this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back