Singxer SDA-6 DAC (AK4499)
Apr 29, 2021 at 10:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 100

domiji

100+ Head-Fier
Hello Head-Fi Members,

i was just wondering why there isn't a thread about this awesome DAC from Singxer? Time to change that :L3000:

Singxer SDA-6 Pictures

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Description

The Singxer SDA-6 symmetrical DAC benefits from a high-end architecture for high-fidelity sound reproduction. Here nothing is left to chance, each component has been carefully selected for its audio performance.

The DAC's digital-to-analogue conversion stage is based on a 32bit AKM AK4499 chip, ensuring extremely low levels of distortion and noise. In addition, it supports high sample rates for accurate, rich and dynamic playback. The SDA-6 will allow you to play PCM files up to 32bit 384kHz and DSD files up to DSD512. The DSD stream works in NOS (Non Over Sampling) mode to match the original signal as closely as possible.

The USB input is entrusted to a latest-generation XMOS XU208 interface and SPDIF reception has its own dedicated AK4118 chip.
At the heart of the device, an STM32 microcontroller is in charge of efficiently processing all the data and a Xilinx FPGA manages the clocks and the processing of digital audio streams.

The discrete Class A output circuit of the SDA-6 adopts a non-loop negative feedback balanced DC architecture. The oscillator of the USB input uses a femtosecond clock CCHD-957 for minimum jitter, combined with 4 independent ultra-low jitter oscillators for the rest of the circuit. The analog stage integrates Mundorf film capacitors to reveal a beautiful musicality.

So are there any Singxer SDA-6 DAC owners here? :wink:

Best
Dominik

Apr 30, 2021 at 11:30 PM Post #2 of 100
Beautiful, now the question is... does it blend?

or more like, how does it sounds like??

May 3, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #3 of 100
It sounds really fantastic. Very smooth, organic but still detailed. The clock of the Pro version is on a remarkable level.

May 6, 2021 at 8:26 AM Post #5 of 100
How is the soundstage?

regards,
Simon

Soundstage is very wide and seperation and positioning is excellent. The soundstage is not the "deepest" i have heard but it's very good for this price range.

May 6, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #7 of 100
I also looked into the Singxer and the Denafrips Ares II for my desktop setup. At the end i went for the Singxer because of the whole USB implementation of the SDA-6.

May 7, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #9 of 100
Following. This should be my next dac. Currently using Singxer SU2 -> Topping D90MQA.

May 24, 2021 at 8:45 PM Post #11 of 100
I also looked into the Singxer and the Denafrips Ares II for my desktop setup. At the end i went for the Singxer because of the whole USB implementation of the SDA-6.
then maybe schiit bifrost 2 is best of both worlds, or maybe, probably, ares2 with the worst usb implementation still sounds the most engaging? just asking, I have no clue about it. but this is still delta sigma, and bifrost is multibit with schiit great usb implementation.

May 25, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #12 of 100
I also tought about the Bifrost 2 but it wasn't available at Schiit Europe and i don't want to import it from the US. I think all of them are excellent choices as well :)

Maybe i will try to get a Bifrost 2 or a Ares2 in the future and compare it to the SDA-6 Pro. But at the moment i am so happy with the SDA-6 that i don't want to experiement very much with my device-setup 🙃

May 25, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #13 of 100
Maybe singxer is "best" delta sigma dac out there. At least it has good power supply, good display, good build, good price, good clock and good parts. Has remote and/or bluetooth?

Singxer makes a very well regarded USB isolator, if they are putting that tech here already, maybe this is a great option, for delta sigma detailed dac.

I have th singxer sa-1 ap, and the build quality is perfect realy, nothing to complain about it, it feels very expensive hifi solid.

May 25, 2021 at 5:41 PM Post #14 of 100
Eagle has landed. Ordered Thursday morning and already arrived noon Tuesday in California.

I like the increased sound stage depth and detail. These increased a bit more when using in tandem with SU-2.

There is a bit more harshness than other sources when using it for the first time probably because the mundorf needs to charge?

Before I plugged the dac in, I wanted to pry it open to take pictures of its innards. But, two of the screws stripped. I have pretty high quality hex screws too. At least, there is a "P" in the serial # verifying it's the "Advanced" model.

I also updated Singxer driver from 4.6 to 5.0 today.

May 30, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #15 of 100
Eagle has landed. Ordered Thursday morning and already arrived noon Tuesday in California.

I like the increased sound stage depth and detail. These increased a bit more when using in tandem with SU-2.

There is a bit more harshness than other sources when using it for the first time probably because the mundorf needs to charge?

Before I plugged the dac in, I wanted to pry it open to take pictures of its innards. But, two of the screws stripped. I have pretty high quality hex screws too. At least, there is a "P" in the serial # verifying it's the "Advanced" model.

I also updated Singxer driver from 4.6 to 5.0 today.
Hello,

any more feelings about the sound itself? Which input do you use?

regards,
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back