Simple question about IC 'adapters' (jack to RCA)
Apr 11, 2004 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Asmo

1000+ Head-Fier
Hello, I recently stumbled accross a good deal on a m-audio audiophile 2496, and picked it up used, and while waiting for it to arrive, I realize I will need a RCA IC from the card to my amp, not a big deal, but right now I am using zu cable pivot mini-rca -- my question here is, I want to a/b the cards and I want to use my zu pivot if I can, I really like this cable, will buying a jack to rca adapter ruin the sound quality? Any recommendations ?

Thanks.

Apr 12, 2004 at 10:33 AM Post #2 of 2
Are you looking for something like this (two male RCAs to one 3.5 mm jack)? If so, then it probably won't have that much of an effect on sound quality since it's fairly short and is shielded. I once built my own DIY version to connect Cambridge SoundWorks powered speakers to an Audiophile 2496 card and didn't notice a degradation in sound quality.

However, I'd beware of the long (i.e. 1.8-metre and longer), unshielded splitter cables from Radio Shack (if you can even find one with this plug/jack combination). Some of them are shoddily-built and they will definitely affect what you hear.

D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back