Amazing piece of music, really like the violin playing,
Anything similar?

Mar 21, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonci /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was listening to Dracula soundtrack performed by the Kronos Quartet,
Amazing piece of music, really like the violin playing,
Anything similar?

First and foremost, try the Wojciech Kilar version of the Stoker/Dracula soundtrack; its brilliant.

Second, if you like Glass's violin-soundtrack music, try these other, violin-centric/heavy, beautiful soundtracks:

"The Fountain"-Clint Mansell
"Gattaca"-Michael Nyman
"The Hours" and "Notes on a Scandal" by Philip Glass

Mar 22, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #4 of 5
The previous Kronos Quartet cd of Glass' works is also very fine and very lyrical.

I think that Cliff Martinez's soundtrack for S. Soderbergh's remake of Solaris is quite elegant and faintly minimalist. It's not a big swooning Goth-romance affair though.

Howard Shore and Ornette Coleman collaborate fecundly on the soundtrack to Cronenberg's Naked Lunch. It *is* big swooning Goth-romance, only with saxophones and bug-spray snorting.

What about Glass' soundtrack for Candyman?

And you really ought to consider Glass' soundtrack for Child's Play 4: Bride of Chucky. That's an eccentric modernist masterpiece that has not yet been given its due, but, mark my words, in the next century it will be just as much as part of the Classical canon as John Adams' riveting soundtrack for Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer and Ligeti's undeservedly forgotten themes for Tootsie.

Mar 22, 2010 at 9:49 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwitel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

"The Fountain"-Clint Mansell

Vow, seems even better than Requiem For a Dream..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back