Simgot IEM discussion thread.
Jul 14, 2023 at 10:29 PM Post #16 of 396
Don't know I am kinda biased. Never had a good experience with a TRN IEM but it will be interesting to see what you think.
Also have a KZ PR2 V1 incoming and KBear Rosefinch, (bring on da bass).
Didn't enjoy the Wu Zetian to much, will be interesting to see what the PR2 V1 has to offer at $35.

Will compare all to EA500, it's going to take some time though.

Jul 17, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #17 of 396
new nozzle kit arrived.

Kato Copper and Stainless steel tuning nozzle and some aluminum alloy nozzle for EA500.
1689573460579.png

Jul 17, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #19 of 396
How them new nozzles sound on the EA500?
Kato Copper Nozzle - Red Line
Kato SSteel Nozzle - Green Line
Both nozzles reduce the Treble brightness of EA500 but in a good way. Bass note weight becomes more apparent.
Copper reduces the 3D image and airiness due to more damping near 10k-16k region.
So far, Kato SSteel sounds very good with EA500. added bass and maintain detail and sound stage.

Recommend for those who want a more polite treble.

1689648695286.png

Aug 4, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #22 of 396
Does any one have a comparison between the 3 simgot releases lately, namely ea500, ew200 & em6l?
Don't have EM6L yet, but IMO: EW200 is better tuned because it came second and they took the lessons/feedback from EA500 to heart. It's got better sub-bass and better balance all the way from bass to treble.

EA500 has better soundstage and technicalities, and is easily customizable to sound more like EW200. EW200 cannot reach the soundstage and technicals of EA500.

For me, that's advantage EA500

Aug 6, 2023 at 8:40 AM Post #23 of 396
Hi everyone, I have a CCA CRA and a KZ DQ6S and both started leaking glue gradually which is annoying as I had to clean up each time before using.
I have heard good stuff about the EW200 recently and wonder if it'll be a upgrade on the current ones I am having?
Don't think I want to get another KZ or CCA anymore.. bad experiences. Thanks.

Aug 7, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #24 of 396
Hi everyone, I have a CCA CRA and a KZ DQ6S and both started leaking glue gradually which is annoying as I had to clean up each time before using.
I have heard good stuff about the EW200 recently and wonder if it'll be a upgrade on the current ones I am having?
Don't think I want to get another KZ or CCA anymore.. bad experiences. Thanks.

Leaking glue where? Problems with glue on IEMs are usually caused by hardened glue. Polycarbonate shells aren't particularly prone to condensation issues, so it's unlikely to be that. If it's around the nozzles and/or ear tips it may be earwax? :thinking:

Aug 8, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #25 of 396
It's along the seams generally.. or on the DQ6S it's coming out from the mesh at the tip of the iem, like a vent of sort.

It's definitely not earwax for sure, I'd clean it and just left it aside for while, maybe a day or two... And it'll appear again.

Aug 8, 2023 at 7:40 AM Post #26 of 396
It's along the seams generally.. or on the DQ6S it's coming out from the mesh at the tip of the iem, like a vent of sort.

It's definitely not earwax for sure, I'd clean it and just left it aside for while, maybe a day or two... And it'll appear again.
It's hot and humid in Singapore? Sweat and condensation are two other possibilities. Unset glue would be really unusual. How old are the IEMs? :thinking:

Aug 9, 2023 at 1:28 PM Post #27 of 396
I had the DQ6S just before the KZ issue broke out... and the CRA was a couple of months ago.
It's an understatement to say it's hot and humid here.. lol..
It's difficult as hell to try and take a good photo to show what i mean, what's leaking out is definitely sticky and glue-like. It doesn't seem like sweat to me.
But i think we can stop this discussion on this thread as it diverting away from the thread's topic.
I'm just wondering if I should get another IEM(different brand) at similar price range or pay a little more to experience something of better sound quality.
The EW200 seems to be good from the reviews i was watching on Youtube and it is not priced out of my budget, so I'm considering getting it.

Aug 9, 2023 at 8:58 PM Post #28 of 396
I had the DQ6S just before the KZ issue broke out... and the CRA was a couple of months ago.
It's an understatement to say it's hot and humid here.. lol..
It's difficult as hell to try and take a good photo to show what i mean, what's leaking out is definitely sticky and glue-like. It doesn't seem like sweat to me.
But i think we can stop this discussion on this thread as it diverting away from the thread's topic.
I'm just wondering if I should get another IEM(different brand) at similar price range or pay a little more to experience something of better sound quality.
The EW200 seems to be good from the reviews i was watching on Youtube and it is not priced out of my budget, so I'm considering getting it.
EW200 easily competes with $200-300 sets...

No shill, no joke, just truth.
Easily competes with Tanchjim Oxygen, Tanchjim Hana 2021, Moondrop Kato, Thieaudio Elixir, Penon Vortex...
EW200 is less than $40.

It ain't perfect, but it does a lot damn well for its price point (compared to $180-$270 group above). Hype-train, no; market disruption, yes (for that price). It's a great set.

[Haven't even mentioned EA500...🤫👀😎]

Simgot has been on some Multiverse of Madness level sorcery👻 this year...
Just sayin

Sep 3, 2023 at 11:33 PM Post #29 of 396
I got my EW200 over the weekend and I liked it a lot!
I was kinda worried reading the comments about lack of bass, but I was perfectly ok with what I'm hearing so far.
The biggest difference with the DQ6S that I observed is how clear vocals became... Especially female singers... But generally everything just seems "clearer", previously on the KZ set, the bass is a lot more powerful and that sort of covered some of the clarity?
Happy for now and hope it last for a while... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back