Silence is Golden!
Feb 6, 2004 at 10:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

joelongwood

Keeper of the 'Phones
Thanks to Tuberoller and others here, I bit the bullet and ordered a VPI 16.5 record cleaning machine. It wasn't cheap.........but man, was it worth it! I simply cannot believe the absolute silence and black background that now exists between selections and in quiet musical passages. I'm using the Record Research Labs Deep Cleaner followed by The Super Vinyl Wash. Since it arrived Wednesday, I've cleaned close to 100 albums, and every single one sounds much better. Some of them sound absolutely brand new. I put them in new rice paper sleeves and then put the album in a re-sealable plastic outer sleeve.
For anyone thinking about getting into vinyl, make sure you budget for a record cleaning machine (RCM) of some sort. It's a night and day difference!
Well, back to cleaning.........only about 1500 more to go.
biggrin.gif

Feb 7, 2004 at 1:46 AM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally posted by joelongwood
Thanks to Tuberoller and others here, I bit the bullet and ordered a VPI 16.5 record cleaning machine. It wasn't cheap.........but man, was it worth it! I simply cannot believe the absolute silence and black background that now exists between selections and in quiet musical passages. I'm using the Record Research Labs Deep Cleaner followed by The Super Vinyl Wash. Since it arrived Wednesday, I've cleaned close to 100 albums, and every single one sounds much better. Some of them sound absolutely brand new. I put them in new rice paper sleeves and then put the album in a re-sealable plastic outer sleeve.
For anyone thinking about getting into vinyl, make sure you budget for a record cleaning machine (RCM) of some sort. It's a night and day difference!
Well, back to cleaning.........only about 1500 more to go.
biggrin.gif

Congrats! I finally heard a good vinyl setup the other day and was very impressed. Now I see what all the hype is about. One day I imagine I'll make the jump too.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back