Signature size rules?
Dec 8, 2009 at 4:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 38

bcpk

1000+ Head-Fier
Are there any? I mean, I just came across a post by a seemingly well-established member that was over 20 lines long. Seems a bit self-indulgent and inconsiderate.

On a 1024 x 600 screen there was 0% post, 100% using-sig-as-blog and advertising bloat shown.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #2 of 38
Alas it's all to common. There's been a few threads about it.

Your avatar fives me an idea.. I wonder how much data can be put into a QR code. Maybe use a QR code instead of a long sig.

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #3 of 38
I think I'll use this as my signature instead, since it seems to be totally acceptable.

Quote:

Portable :
iPod Video 60GB

to

Etymotic ER6
nope, I don't have an amp or LOD because I don't really know anything about audio but if you look a bit further down in this essay you'll see I have an E1 on the way!

and then
at Home :
EeePC 1000H
(omglol netbooks are so awesome)

to

2.0 / 5.1 adapter

to

Creative Inspire T6100
yeah it's not real surround sound, but i had to borrow it off a friend anyway

[size=medium]ON THEIR WAY TO ME!!!
FiiO E1 which is some kind of amp and lod thingy
+
Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10vi,
yeah lol I got in on that deal!! so LUCKY
+
Audio-Technica ATH-AD700
aww the purple is so pretttty[/size]

by the way here's my Last.fm too

[size=large]PS anyone not using a 1920 x 1200 monitor in portrait mode : screw you hahaha[/size]

But, being serious, a datamatrix isn't exactly a feasible solution, since you'd have to get out your mobile phone every time you wanted to read someone's signature.

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:02 PM Post #4 of 38
Quite sure it is limited to 5 line changes only.
The limitation have not been enforced to existing signatures though, so many longer signatures still live on.

Dec 8, 2009 at 6:39 PM Post #5 of 38
Kirosia has learned to mentally tune out signatures and visions of purple hippie ducks. (The latter of which may just be a lingering effect from my robert downey jr days)

Dec 8, 2009 at 7:12 PM Post #7 of 38
I winced at how long mine was getting the other day and shortened it down; this thread has inspired me to cut further... it looks a little cramped, but you're right that it's inconsiderate to go on with your sig forever, especially when you post something that's like 2-3 lines long and then your sig goes on for 3x that.

Dec 8, 2009 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 38
As in most things, self-restraint and thoughtfulness go a long way. Personally, I delete my sig on most posts, and I try to never post it twice in the same thread. Think, people! We get really tired of seeing some of your posts over and over and over and over...
tongue.gif

Below the "Submit Reply" button is another labeled "Show your signature" - if you disable it, no sig. Simple, easy, and quick.

Dec 8, 2009 at 7:26 PM Post #9 of 38
I think that there's something to be said for people being able to easily reference what gear you're familiar with without clicking through to your profile to help put your comments in perspective, which is the main reason I keep gear in my sig. And then the FS ads are just free advertising for crap I want to sell
smily_headphones1.gif
. But I will continue to cut down on the stuff in my sig - feedback link gone!

Dec 8, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #11 of 38
My original sig was

[size=xx-large]P[/size]

[size=xx-large]U[/size]

[size=xx-large]R[/size]

[size=xx-large]E[/size]

[size=xx-large]P[/size]

[size=xx-large]W[/size]

[size=xx-large]N[/size]

[size=xx-large]A[/size]

[size=xx-large]G[/size]

[size=xx-large]E[/size]

rolleyes.gif

EK

Jan 7, 2010 at 4:17 PM Post #12 of 38
zombifying this thread - sorry
I have a signature related question:
is there anywhere that shows me how to display my feedback so that it is not the URL and just the word "feedback" which would link to my feedback?
is there a sticky anywhere on the whole signature deal?
cheers!

Jan 7, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #15 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ Here -> Head-Fi: BB Code List ..

Edit:
More specific link

You are a Pillar of the community ,Sir.
tongue_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back