Sieveking Sound Omega Headphones Stand Unboxing Video and impressions to come.
May 17, 2011 at 10:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

DjAmTraX

Now known as: HiFiGuy528
Sending the video up to YouTube right now.  I will update with link to video as soon as it's up.  Until then, please enjoy some pictures I took.

May 17, 2011 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 26
Video is up! Check it out. It's nice.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-kPHDx6vNE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

May 17, 2011 at 6:51 PM Post #5 of 26
...you spent $180 dollars on a piece of bent wood? I thought I was crazy for buying all those moon rocks!

I got a small discount for buying it in Walnut. Still not cheap, but I think it's worth it.

May 17, 2011 at 6:58 PM Post #6 of 26

Quote:
Quote:
...you spent $180 dollars on a piece of bent wood? I thought I was crazy for buying all those moon rocks!

I got a small discount for buying it in Walnut. Still not cheap, but I think it's worth it.

Well, whatever makes you happy! I say when life gives you lemons, make lemonade!

May 17, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #7 of 26
It's a very nice stand, I recently sold mine.

I was looking for one of these rare, custom OEM Sennheiser HE-90 stands but I couldn't find one for $500 and that's commensurate with the value of the cans they are designed to support.  It's all a matter of perspective.

May 17, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #8 of 26
Wow! Those are nice. Why you sold your Omega stands?

May 17, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #9 of 26

Quote:

I was looking for one of these rare, custom OEM Sennheiser HE-90 stands but I couldn't find one for $500 and that's commensurate with the value of the cans they are designed to support.  It's all a matter of perspective.

I remember seeing those on ebay a while back.

May 18, 2011 at 10:11 AM Post #11 of 26

Quote:

I remember seeing one for $500 about a year ago, what did you pay? Also a great thread, will have to keep in tune with this thread.

May 18, 2011 at 6:54 PM Post #15 of 26

Quote:
Instead of being foolish with your money:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread

LOL, I was waiting for something like that.  I realize some may perceive it to be frivolous spending, but to tell you a the truth, I have spent $12K on this particular HE90, because it was NOS.  No other DYI or commercially available headphone stand, except the Sennheiser original shown on the photo provides the perfect support and aesthetic appeal of this iconic beauty.  So, yes, I would be willing to spend that kind of money for a mint, original stand like that.  Currently I have it rested on a Woo HP Stand, which has a better arc support roughly the same curvature as the leather headband of the HE90s.  I also cover it with the STAX HPS dust-hood.  Taking it out and putting it back in its box is just too much of a strain on the wire and is really unnecessary as long as it's protected from dust and stored in a safe place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back