Shure's new replacement cables reasonably priced (but not indestructible).
Nov 8, 2010 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

kameltow83

New Head-Fier
Hello all,

I recently got a pair of the shure se315 with the new replaceable cable. As anyone who has bought iem's from shure over the last few years (not counting the se420, 530 or 535) knows, its nearly impossible to open their packaging without a pair of scissors or a knife. I used a small swiss army knife to cut open the box only to find that i cut through the cable of the phones which was loose in the box near where i chose to cut. It wasnt a big deal for me b/c i got the 315s to use with the shure replacement cables with integrated mic but i still called the shure service department to see if i could get a replacement. Although i wasnt able to get a free replacement (can't blame a guy for trying), I did order two sets of replacement cables just to be safe.

Long story short:

The replacement cables cost $15 each.

Given all the grief thats been had over shure's retail prices i thought that it was a very reasonable price for the cables, especially when replacement cables of much less quality than the shure's cost $20 just to start. i'm looking at you logitech/ue. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back