Shure SRH840 - How Does it Really Sound?
Aug 4, 2009 at 12:37 AM Post #3 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mplee79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read the post titled: srh840 impressions

Indeed, just read that huge thread.

Aug 4, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #4 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by mplee79 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Read the post titled: srh840 impressions

Thanks, but no sense reading hundreds of posts in hopes of finding a relevant few. No, I prefer requesting Head-Fiers be so helpful as to answer my specific questions. Why drink up the whole lake, if I'm only wanting a clean glass of water?

And so I ask...

How does the SHR840 really sound?

How long have their SHR840 been in use?

What's it plugged into?

And how does it compare to other headphones?

Aug 4, 2009 at 1:03 AM Post #5 of 35
Very interested in this as well, but regardless, I'll be receiving mine next week! Still reading through that long impressions thread though.. but I like what I'm reading so far.

Aug 4, 2009 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 35
I think we will find out how it really sounds a month from now.

Aug 4, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #9 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, but no sense reading hundreds of posts in hopes of finding a relevant few. No, I prefer requesting Head-Fiers be so helpful as to answer my specific questions. Why drink up the whole lake, if I'm only wanting a clean glass of water?

And so I ask...

How does the SHR840 really sound?

How long have their SHR840 been in use?

What's it plugged into?

And how does it compare to other headphones?

Indeed, head-fi can be like that sometimes. Apparantly some members feel that it's against the rules to create a thread...

Sorry I do not know what the 840 sounds like. I'm curious too.

Aug 4, 2009 at 1:57 AM Post #10 of 35
I wouldnt touch them for anything - that impressions thread just reeks of FOTM posts and very little actual listening or comparison to any other "mid-fi" can - people with awesome cans are posting "it sounds like it should for $200" and people with apple buds think its the best evar.

Shure makes good stuff - its a safe step. You can also get into many cans for around 200-300...

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:01 AM Post #11 of 35
1Time;5902241 said:

Well spoken.

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:37 AM Post #12 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, I was hoping to get responses from those who are already using their SHR840. That way I could better determine whether or how soon I may want to buy it.

But for those who soon will be getting their SHR840, yes, please answer my questions. And thank you very much!

Maybe it's time to try the GMP 8.35 D Monitor.
biggrin.gif

Aug 4, 2009 at 2:45 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe you should get the shures and compare them with the GMP
biggrin.gif

I would like to compare them to my GMP 8.35, if someone have them in the bay area...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back