Shure SRH1540 Review
Jan 26, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #17 of 2,679
  Whoa nice! Man I'd love to try some authentic Korean cooking... if your coming to the NC meet [and you totally should] please bring your mother... or a pot of something from her Kitchen :D

anyways, the 840 is gone, I've got a review of it some where... I think there was some Felt added, some felt removed... the cups had grooves sealed... in the end it sounded like a meatier K550 with MUCH better seal, and in the end the W1000x Modded ripped it apart so I sold it :3 

I wish I could go to the NC meet.

Jan 26, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #19 of 2,679
Hmm. I'm noticing what another reviewer(not on head-fi) has noticed. When I'm just listening to the SRH1540, everything sounds fine. But when I put on M500 after having the SRH1540, I feel like M500 has overly bright treble. I know for a fact that it doesn't. This may be bad, but with some reason, when I put on SRH1540, it sounds perfectly fine. Lol.

Jan 28, 2014 at 7:41 AM Post #20 of 2,679
which one gives you better imaging and detail retrieval? kef or shure? would you consider to use the shure as a portable or is it looking as stupid as the srh940 did?

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #21 of 2,679
  which one gives you better imaging and detail retrieval? kef or shure? would you consider to use the shure as a portable or is it looking as stupid as the srh940 did?

Shures for sure. KEF sounds thin and fake when compared to shure. In fact, I'm thinking about selling KEFs because Shure's just so much better. KEF has more treble, but still sounds more muffled when compared to the shures. SRH1540 looks much better then 940, but is still on the big size. It doesn't look too bad, but I don't wear them when I'm walking outside. I do bring them to cafes and libraries to study though. 

Jan 29, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #22 of 2,679
This is kind of interesting. Do audiophiles have special hearing or something?
When my friends demoed SRH1540 and M500, 3 out of 3 of them said M500 was more bass heavy and sounded better. I have the opposite view. None of them were audiophiles, but this is still interesting. It is as if I'm hearing things differently from them.

So, whose right? I still believe I'm right, as SRH1540 has more bass from 30hz to 100hz, which is where most bass is located. My hearing doesn't extend too deep, so that might be the issue here. But this still brings an interesting point. While the graphs shows that SRH1540 has more treble presence, I am really convinced that M500 has much more bright and harsh treble. I guess graphs can't tell everything. Any other SRH1540 owners that can confirm my opinion on SRH1540's treble?

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=4273&graphID[]=4263&scale=20

Jan 29, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #23 of 2,679
  This is kind of interesting. Do audiophiles have special hearing or something?
When my friends demoed SRH1540 and M500, 3 out of 3 of them said M500 was more bass heavy and sounded better. I have the opposite view. None of them were audiophiles, but this is still interesting. It is as if I'm hearing things differently from them.

So, whose right? I still believe I'm right, as SRH1540 has more bass from 30hz to 100hz, which is where most bass is located. My hearing doesn't extend too deep, so that might be the issue here. But this still brings an interesting point. While the graphs shows that SRH1540 has more treble presence, I am really convinced that M500 has much more bright and harsh treble. I guess graphs can't tell everything. Any other SRH1540 owners that can confirm my opinion on SRH1540's treble?

http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=0&graphID[]=4273&graphID[]=4263&scale=20

My ears hurt start to hurt from the Treble when I listen to the 1540's. Depends on the music but they definitely have a high end that isn't entirely smooth.

Jan 30, 2014 at 1:52 AM Post #25 of 2,679
  My ears hurt start to hurt from the Treble when I listen to the 1540's. Depends on the music but they definitely have a high end that isn't entirely smooth.

oh no... i ordered the 1540s yesterday. in hifi-forum.de people say, the shure has non existing treble. if you are right, i will save 500 eur and stay with the kef. we will see.

Jan 30, 2014 at 2:02 AM Post #26 of 2,679
  oh no... i ordered the 1540s yesterday. in hifi-forum.de people say, the shure has non existing treble. if you are right, i will save 500 eur and stay with the kef. we will see.

That's just to my ears, I wouldn't judge the headphones solely based on my opinion. My tinitus has also been acting up lately so that could be it as well. :)

They are amazing headphones, definitely worth the money, I'm just saying they have a high end on them to my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back