Shure SRH-940 Reviews and Appreciation Thread
Apr 21, 2011 at 5:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 192

Flavio T

Member of the Trade: EarphoneSolutions.com
Nothing official but we received a hint that the SRH-940 will most likely start shipping in May despite speculation that it would be in July and even August according to some other sites.

We are anxious to see what Shure can deliver for $300 given what they did with the SRH-840. I personally think Shure has been quietly delivering some real top performers lately. Perhaps a new strategy to play it safe and over-deliver. There hasn't been any hypes on their latest models and one after another they have exceeded all critics expectations. The most cynical have been surprised by the end result of the new products being launched by Shure.

I'm not a huge fan of this specific finish and the sound will have to beat the SRH-840 by $100 bucks. Shure can definitely do it but we will have to wait and see if they pulled it.

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:54 PM Post #3 of 192
Whatever is holding them up I'm certain is a good reason and I suspect Shure is just.being perfectionists on their new flagship.

May 4, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 192

Quote:
This... All I want are 'dem pads. 

Since you are in SC, it's usually very easy to order directly from Shure's parts department at 1-800-516-2525. I don't know what is their stock availability but Shure usually does sell parts such as those directly.

May 4, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #7 of 192

Quote:
Since you are in SC, it's usually very easy to order directly from Shure's parts department at 1-800-516-2525. I don't know what is their stock availability but Shure usually does sell parts such as those directly.

Well, from what I understand the pads won't be on sale by themselves until like 5 months after the release of the headphones.  At least that's what I read here on head-fi, but I haven't contacted them directly on this matter.

May 4, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #8 of 192
i can't wait to hear official impressions from early adopters.

May 4, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #9 of 192
May 4, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #10 of 192

Quote:
+1.  Am looking forward to comparisons with the 840.

Especially since i own the shure srh840s, i wonder if shure could pull off better headphones, at least $100 better. But it must be hard to improve something already brilliant. They definitely look more durable to me though. Not sure about comfort though, those bumps could go either way.

May 5, 2011 at 6:59 AM Post #11 of 192
I hope they ship in May, you have May 9th listed on your store site...

p.s. - there's a seller on eBay claiming to have 3 available

May 5, 2011 at 9:57 AM Post #12 of 192

Quote:
I hope they ship in May, you have May 9th listed on your store site...

p.s. - there's a seller on eBay claiming to have 3 available

They should arrive in our FL warehouse this next Monday. Be careful when buying from eBay as Shure will not honor warranty when purchased from an unauthorized reseller.

We were not sent any samples this time, so we are also waiting for this first shipment to arrive to spend some time with them. We might have first impressions next week.

May 5, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #14 of 192

Agreed.  Just pointing out that they must be close to shipping, or counterfeits are already available...
wink_face.gif

Quote:
Be careful when buying from eBay as Shure will not honor warranty when purchased from an unauthorized reseller.

May 5, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #15 of 192

Quote:

Sorry but I just tracked our shipment from Shure and it's actually arriving tomorrow so all orders will also ship tomorrow :) Friday, May 6th.

Will you be holding the SRH940 cushions independently for purchase?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back