Shure sent me SE110's are replacements to E2c's. OK?
May 21, 2008 at 10:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

ashjamben

New Head-Fier
so what do you guys think? i sent in a broken pair of E2c's in and they sent me a pair of SE110's. At first i figured they must be the 'newer' version of the E2c's, so cracked them open and tried them out. After further research i found that the SCL2's are in fact the 'newer' version of the E2c's and, in my opinion, they should have sent me a pair of those instead. the specs of the SCL's and E2c's are exactly the same.

i'm gonna give them a ring in the morning, but thought i'd get the opinion from you guys first. the only problem i think i might encounter is the fact that i've already opened up the SE110's, but really they should have sent me the correct replacements in the first place without me having to actually check i've got the right ones.

also, i'm under the impression that the SCL2's are in fact better earphones than the SE110's, even though they are very similarly priced, but is that correct? i just don't want to be cheated into receiving worser earphones than i sent in, although i would be happy to cheat them and keep the SE110's if they are in fact better
smily_headphones1.gif
. tbh, i can't tell which are better because i've been without my E2c's for about 2 weeks! and i havn't had chance to try them out on the bus, in town, etc as the sound isolation aspect is one of the major factors

thanks for readings
ash

May 22, 2008 at 12:01 AM Post #3 of 16
ok, thanks for the reply, keep them coming
smily_headphones1.gif

just wanted to point something else out. i've read quite abit on the shure website about the E series changing into the SE series and stuff, and mentioning that the SE series is basically the same as the ECL series in terms of quality, its just designed with mobility, style, etc in mind.

well to me it seems logical the E5c is replaced by the SE530, the E4c is replaced by the SE420, the E3c is replaced by the SE310, the E2c is replaced by the SE210 and the SE110 is a new, budget version?

i may be wrong, and the SE530 may just be the new superior model and everything else has changed accordingly. what do you guys think?

i don't know whether i should be demanding the original E2c's should be replaced by the ECL2's or the SE210's, or if i should just stick with the SE110. i must admit, the new smoother ear pieces are alot more comfortable.

May 22, 2008 at 12:07 AM Post #4 of 16
I have owned both before and the SE110 is a MASSIVE upgrade to the E2c IMO. The bottom end is more refined and overall, everything sounds better.

If you want my opinion...keep the SE110 and don't ask for them to be swapped for the SCL2.

Oh, another thing is that you can use a wider variety of tips on the SE110 whereas the E2/SCL2 has a wider nozzle which prevents you from using some of the finest tips on the market.

May 22, 2008 at 9:44 AM Post #5 of 16
thanks for the replies

anyone else with any other advice? i think i kinda like the SE's, they seem more comfortable with the smooth foam earpieces and do sound pretty good. just thinking whether i ought to be asking for the SE210's instead, if they're the 'newer' version of the E2c's

May 22, 2008 at 12:51 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

E5c is replaced by the SE420, the E4c is replaced by the SE310, the E3c is replaced by the SE210, the E2c is replaced by the SE110 and the SE530 is a e500 in fact.

ye i thought that might be the case.

i got a phone call from a shure rep today after i e-mailed him explaining that the E2c's were in fact replaced with the SE110's and are in fact better quality.

thanks for the advice

May 22, 2008 at 1:23 PM Post #9 of 16
Best of all you can use all the standard tips including the Tri-Flanges and the Black Foamies! I never found the Orange foam isolated enough, the harder plastic tips hurt and they didn't make silicone tips for the larger E2C size. Now the standards are all the same!
Enjoy!

Jun 4, 2008 at 5:26 AM Post #11 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by eternality.pl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you're a bit wrong :

E5c is replaced by the SE420, the E4c is replaced by the SE310, the E3c is replaced by the SE210, the E2c is replaced by the SE110 and the SE530 is a e500 in fact.

Cheers

I came across this topic while looking for the differences between the SE and SCL line of Shures, and saw this. I was was wondering about the name change inconsistencies. It seems a little strange that Shure would have an E5c and E500 on sale at the same time, though the E500s would have been the only one in the EX00 line, where x is a variable (as opposed to the EXc line).

I also read elsewhere that the SCL line replaced the E series (the EXc). I know naming doesn't really matter, and I hope I didn't confuse anyone, but could anyone completely clarify what they're doing exactly with their name? Also, what the differences between the EXc and the SCL line are, if any?

Dec 1, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Caliburn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I came across this topic while looking for the differences between the SE and SCL line of Shures, and saw this. I was was wondering about the name change inconsistencies. It seems a little strange that Shure would have an E5c and E500 on sale at the same time, though the E500s would have been the only one in the EX00 line, where x is a variable (as opposed to the EXc line).

I also read elsewhere that the SCL line replaced the E series (the EXc). I know naming doesn't really matter, and I hope I didn't confuse anyone, but could anyone completely clarify what they're doing exactly with their name? Also, what the differences between the EXc and the SCL line are, if any?

The E Series was designed as a personal listening Earphone series when it first came out, however, later. they introduced they flag-ship, the E500PTH. which was designed as the first universal fit Triple Driver earphone availble. After, when they introduced the Se Series, consisting of having their flagship, the E500. They enhanced it with two port woofers instead of two non-ported ones, and renamed it the Se530, and also added the Se310, and se210 into the series. Later the same year, they introduced the Se420, and the last to join was the Se110. They wanted to keep their E Series line, so they re-introduced it as the "PRO" audio monitors that shure make, renaming the E seires the SCL Series. where the e5c is Renamed SCL5, E4c is renamed SCL4, E3c to SCL3, and E2c is SCL2.

Dec 1, 2008 at 8:19 PM Post #14 of 16
do shure not sell the SE102's in the US? hmm dont see them on thier US site. well if you google them you will see they are obviously the exact same as the E2 and SLC2 just under a different name. with that in mind i would think the se110's are a free upgrade.

http://www.shure.co.uk/PersonalAudio...dels/index.htm

Dec 1, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark2410 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
do shure not sell the SE102's in the US? hmm dont see them on thier US site. well if you google them you will see they are obviously the exact same as the E2 and SLC2 just under a different name. with that in mind i would think the se110's are a free upgrade.

I do see the SE102's on Shure's US site - but only with the microphone attachment to make it an SE102MPA for mobile phones. Also, the SE102MPA's are officially sold in the US only at Best Buy stores (as noted on the Shure page for that model). At Best Buy, the SE102MPA's are not sold along with the other MP3 player headphones - but instead in the same section as the "hands-free" mobile phone headsets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back