Shure SE846 Impressions Thread
Feb 15, 2015 at 10:05 PM Post #9,436 of 22,945
  That's certainly one way to look at taxes....lol. 

Didn't say I LIKED paying them, just that we get lots of stuff from out gov't and that's what pays for it- clean food, clean water, clean air, street lights, paved roads, armed forces, fire dept., etc.  I'm a public school teacher and guess what pays my salary so I can buy a nice set of Shure 846 iems?  
smile.gif

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #9,437 of 22,945
Just wondering, with the white filters having more treble, does that make it flatter than the blues because of their recessed treble?  I can't seem to find the frequency curve graphs posted here some time ago comparing the two.  I remember there were a set of graphs that had an error in them.  Thanks!

Thinking of giving the whites a try again when I get home later.  

Feb 16, 2015 at 10:50 AM Post #9,438 of 22,945
Regarding massdrop being an authorized reseller, I decided to email Shure to find out for certain. I received a response a few moments ago that massdrop is NOT an authorized reseller or dealer. Does anyone know where or how they are known to be on this forum.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #9,439 of 22,945
Regarding massdrop being an authorized reseller, I decided to email Shure to find out for certain. I received a response a few moments ago that massdrop is NOT an authorized reseller or dealer. Does anyone know where or how they are known to be on this forum.

Uh oh

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #9,441 of 22,945
Massdrop is getting its stuff from, I assume, authorized retailers or wholesalers.  What I read on its FAQ is that all warranties are good, but nothing should be returned to Massdrop.  Instead, any issues should go directly to the manufacturer.  I would assume (hopefully) that the original seller (the one working with Massdrop) is an authorized dealer and thus the warranties are valid.  I did a bunch of research before shelling out my money (before even joining) and saw nothing to lead me to believe that there were problems with buying through Massdrop.  So let's not bunch our panties until/unless there is a problem.  And since we all (or most of us) used credit cards, anyone with an issue can go through his/her card company for help.

Note also that this is the second (that I know of) mass drop of this item and I've seen no posts, here or anywhere else, complaining about warranty or service.  

That said, fingers crossed.  See below bold and underlined (by me)

Is Massdrop an authorized seller of each product? Do you offer product warranties?

Massdrop isn’t a store or retailer; we are an online platform that makes it possible for people to buy together. As a result, our relationships with vendors are less typical than a normal online store. All warranties, product defects, or malfunctions should be handled directly with the manufacturer. If they are unwilling to honor their product warranty, contact us within the manufacturer’s warranty period and we will coordinate the product exchange or repair on your behalf.

What is Massdrop's return policy?

Unfortunately, we do not accept returns for the products that you purchase on our site. Since we sell products through our drops, we do not carry inventory and we can’t resell individual items that have been returned. As such, manufacturers do not allow us to return unsold or returned products. We run all of our drops for extended periods so that you have time to become knowledgeable about the product beforehand, and know what you’re getting. If you’re not sure, ask other members of the community and they can help you decide if the product’s right for you.

Feb 16, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #9,443 of 22,945
Nah I'm good with that. There was a post here stating that massdrop was an autjorized Shure dealer now and thats why head-fi allowed discussion on them to be posted here. I have sent an email to massdrop inquiring about this and I also received an email back from Shure stating that they will cover warranties as long as whomever massdrop is purchasing them from is receiving authentic genuine Shures.

Feb 16, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #9,446 of 22,945
Well, there will always the minority who think otherwise 
normal_smile%20.gif

Not everybody has the equipment to judge the differences between flac and mp3. You won't see all bacteria with poor microscopes for example.

Feb 16, 2015 at 2:33 PM Post #9,448 of 22,945
  Just wondering, with the white filters having more treble, does that make it flatter than the blues because of their recessed treble?  I can't seem to find the frequency curve graphs posted here some time ago comparing the two.  I remember there were a set of graphs that had an error in them.  Thanks!

Thinking of giving the whites a try again when I get home later.  

That's a difficult question. The overall frequency response is more neutral with the white filter (but it's not neutral though). However the most important frequency range, the mids, is more neutral with the blue filter.

Feb 16, 2015 at 9:47 PM Post #9,450 of 22,945
Thanks for the replying man
DJ-ing as in mixing...
Just thought it might be cool to have an alternative to mix with SE846 instead of my Sennheiser HD8 DJ (I wear glasses, so having a headphone on me for long periods hurts my ears)

I'm using a DJM 900 nexus right now, and my god, at 25-30% volume level, the SE846 is already super loud. Anything louder, it'll blow the SE846 apart.
Crazy little IEMs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back