Shure SE846 and Westone STAR tips
May 18, 2021 at 10:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

organworthyplayer337

New Head-Fier
Hello, this is my first post here! I am a musician (bassist/singer/drummer) and am looking to upgrade from my Shure SE215s to the SE846 for live monitoring during performances/practices.

I am currently using the STAR tips on my 215s and AMPro30s. They fit my ears perfectly and, as I'm not quite ready to get custom sleeves, would like to continue using these with the 846 if possible.

I know that the nozzle on the 846s is much thicker than the one on the 215s. After some research on this forum and others, I found that some people mention that they can use the STAR tips with the 846s. However, most of these posts are from 2014 and I am not entirely sure if Shure changed the nozzle size at a later time, etc. (For example, I've seen other posts about the 846s around 2014 saying that the entire Shure in-ear line had the same size nozzles, which isn't true today).

So if anybody is using the STAR tips with their 846s, I would appreciate some confirmation!

Thanks to anyone who replies

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...tar-silicone-eartips-fit-kit-all-sizes-5-pair

Sep 25, 2021 at 11:13 PM Post #2 of 2
Hello, this is my first post here! I am a musician (bassist/singer/drummer) and am looking to upgrade from my Shure SE215s to the SE846 for live monitoring during performances/practices.

I am currently using the STAR tips on my 215s and AMPro30s. They fit my ears perfectly and, as I'm not quite ready to get custom sleeves, would like to continue using these with the 846 if possible.

I know that the nozzle on the 846s is much thicker than the one on the 215s. After some research on this forum and others, I found that some people mention that they can use the STAR tips with the 846s. However, most of these posts are from 2014 and I am not entirely sure if Shure changed the nozzle size at a later time, etc. (For example, I've seen other posts about the 846s around 2014 saying that the entire Shure in-ear line had the same size nozzles, which isn't true today).

So if anybody is using the STAR tips with their 846s, I would appreciate some confirmation!

Thanks to anyone who replies

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...tar-silicone-eartips-fit-kit-all-sizes-5-pair
Assume by now you have tried them but I just got the Westone STAR tips for my SE846 and they work great (for anyone else who may be interested). They end up being a bit shorter than the Spinfit CP800 I was using and are very comfortable for me. All Shure IEMs seem to have the same nozzle size ( currently have SE425, SE535 and SE846).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back