Shure SE846: A New In-Ear Flagship From Shure. Finally! (Impressions p26-28)
May 14, 2013 at 1:32 PM Post #691 of 3,218
Quote:

It's not my place to teach you basic economics. If you want to derail the thread with gripes about how much something costs, I can note my snorting.

You don't have to teach me anything. I've taken my share of econ and accounting classes.

Do you even read my arguments?

May 14, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #693 of 3,218
It doesn't need to be a excuse at this stage, it hasn't even officially been released yet, there seems to be a worrying trend on this thread of judging something by price. Something about putting the horse in front of the cart.

May 14, 2013 at 1:38 PM Post #694 of 3,218
Quote:

It's not my place to teach you basic economics. If you want to derail the thread with gripes about how much something costs (even after jude asked it to stop), I can note my snorting at the silly contributions.

It seems like the only econ lesson you took to heart was the free market aspect. We get it, nobody is forcing anybody, blah blah blah. Does that mean that there's nothing about this pricing worth discussing? 

May 14, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #699 of 3,218
Quote:
It's a side by side comparison between the SE535 and SE846.

Original source: http://m.av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/topic/20130510_598878.html

Scroll down for a few more side by side comparison shots.

Thanks. I think this photo (from the same link) is even better than the one you posted earlier to highlight the differences in housings sizes:

May 14, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #701 of 3,218
Thanks. I think this photo (from the same link) is even better than the one you posted earlier to highlight the differences in housings sizes

Yes, you're right.

The SE846's size concerns me, to be honest. I felt that the SE535 was large enough. Considering its size, I'm hoping the SE846 doesn't cause discomfort during long term listening. Jude, could you please comment on this? Thank you in advance.

May 14, 2013 at 2:01 PM Post #702 of 3,218
Quote:

There's nothing about this pricing worth discussing with terms like "have to".

We're agreed on this point. But it seems like you're being dismissive of ANY comments on the pricing. You've actually been beating that horse from the beginning. I feel that blithely ignoring the implications of this price point is just as bad as stubbornly carping on it. 

May 14, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #703 of 3,218
Is that a black SE846 on the left?

It's a side by side comparison between the SE535 and SE846.

Original source: http://m.av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/topic/20130510_598878.html

Scroll down for a few more side by side comparison shots.

Oh okay. Thanks for the link!

May 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #704 of 3,218
I'm not interested in your transcript.  There's a functioning marketplace that actually exists.

Functioning is not the same as functioning optimally.

Note: This comment is not at all about the pricing scandal afoot.

And I'm pretty sure Jude was talking about the treble extension brouhaha a few pages back.

May 14, 2013 at 2:11 PM Post #705 of 3,218
The USA is a capitalist country and the businesses operating here do so to make a profit. It's also a free country you don't like what they sell, hey no problem take your custom elsewhere.  Why is this so difficult to accept? People choose what brands of clothing, cars, motorcycles, TVs, frozen foods, etc they will  buy and consume, it's the same with audio equipment.

If the complainers here focused their energy on issues that could help the people of the world, say helping all people to have healthy drinking water, this would be a good thing and make a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back