Shure SE535 vs Klipsch Image X10i vs. Westone 3
Nov 4, 2010 at 7:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

kiwibuddy

Head-Fier
Hey all,
I am looking for a pair of IEMs, and I was told these are the three IEMs I should be considering. I usually listen to indie rock and electronic music. Which of the three would you guys recommend?

thanks

Nov 4, 2010 at 11:11 PM Post #2 of 4
Shure SE535 is very neutral,
W3 has a peak in the over bass and a peak in the highs
UM3X is more neutral, only a little peak in the mid bass.
I don´t know anything about the Klipsch.

Nov 5, 2010 at 12:55 AM Post #3 of 4

Quote:
Shure SE535 is very neutral,
W3 has a peak in the over bass and a peak in the highs
UM3X is more neutral, only a little peak in the mid bass.
I don´t know anything about the Klipsch.

Hey Vegeta,
What do you mean by neutral? Neutral as in its powerful in the mids? As for the Klipsch, I was able to demo a pair of the X10i side by side with the Shure SE535's. I found the Shure SE535's were relatively weak in the bass when compared to the X10i. I remember reading somewhere that the SE535's aren't so good for electronic music, but maybe the Shure's weren't burnt in yet (the X10i's had been used over 2 years for demo while the Shures were only taken out for demo last month). Can anyone attest to the "weak" bass for the SE535?

Nov 5, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #4 of 4
neutral means that the music plays how it meant to be. Bass, mids and highs are all equal then. 
Hmm, yes all Shures (expect the 115) are very neutral and the Shure 530 have the most bass for Shure iems (mid bass peak, Shure 535 is in the second place) , but if that´s not enough for you. Then Shure is out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back