Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread
Mar 3, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #3,697 of 4,022
Problem is I rip my CD's lossless so large files. That's why I got the 160 GB iPod. Though I wish it had better DAC.

Just got Westone tip fit kit. The black foam seem like good fit. Very comfortable!

Mar 4, 2016 at 10:59 AM Post #3,698 of 4,022
Problem is I rip my CD's lossless so large files. That's why I got the 160 GB iPod. Though I wish it had better DAC.

Just got Westone tip fit kit. The black foam seem like good fit. Very comfortable!

yes the black foam is unbeatable indeed .... you can get a better DAC for your ipod but it is a tad expensive ...

Mar 6, 2016 at 12:50 AM Post #3,699 of 4,022
I checked and my iPod Classic is latest 7th Generation.  I use FiiO line out cable to FiiO 12A Montblanc.  When charging the iPod and listening through the iPod amp it really doesn't sound to bad.  But the external amp kicks it up whole 'nother level.  

Mar 13, 2016 at 9:19 AM Post #3,704 of 4,022
Mar 18, 2016 at 7:09 PM Post #3,705 of 4,022
Just wanted to report back on SE215 vs SE535.

Initially I found the SE215 to sound more 'correct' through the mids and highs and the SE535 to sound 'off' somehow, albeit a lot clearer.

Having used the SE535 now for weeks exclusively, and tried briefly switching back to the SE215, I found the SE215 to sound 'off'. Spiky frequencies and slightly hollow mids, comparatively speaking, although still excellent excellent earphones for their price point. I actually found going to back to Shure black foam tips gave me more treble, perhaps because of the wider gap, and addressed so some of my earlier gripes. Took a long long time for my ears to accept the SE535 though.

Waiting to see the new dragonfly DAC specs, to see if it might be a good choice to up the level again. Then I'm already dreaming of SE846 or CIEMs.

I do find the SE535 sound so different to full size headphones, not just the expected IEM vs full-size differences, it's just a totally different sound. For instance SE535 vs first gen. over-ear momentums. I'm still not sure which one is 'correct'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back