shure se530 from ebay- question about warranty
Aug 11, 2008 at 6:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

lutwey

1000+ Head-Fier
so here iam again, after months of satisfaction with my er4p i'm itching to try a new iem. like what is said in the title i decided that se530 would be the best compliment with etys. but like usual before buying anything else i browse to here for your opinions.

so here's the botom line. i very much aware about durability issues regarding the se530 would shure honor the warranty or not. i have read two threads with opposing views so which one is which ????

thanks

here are the threads
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/j...-shure-350715/
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f103/f...ervice-351053/

Aug 11, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #2 of 8
Given the number of fakes flooding ebay, I wouldn't even consider buying an expensive item like the 530's that way.

BT

Aug 11, 2008 at 9:04 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i understand what you are saying but im buying it off the deal spot, apowerseller on ebay. the company has also been mentioned here on headfi.

Still, buyer beware. A power seller just means they move a lot of product. I'd imagine one could sell a lot of fake product at a low price and rack up that status over time.

Also, this is posted in the full size amp forum, not the headphone IEM forum. You probably want to ask the mods to move it for maximum effect.

Aug 12, 2008 at 6:52 PM Post #8 of 8
Shure has pretty good customer service, but it's a new policy of theirs that an authorized reseller receipt of sorts has to be included for warranty replacement. I circumvented this by going into their headquarters in Niles, IL and telling the guy I drove an hour and left it at home but would gladly drive 2hrs if i needed to.

There are always exceptions to the rules, especially on certain things like this, but I don't think there's any way for anyone to know whether or not you could get this done unless you know someone who works there - it really depends on the attitude of the CS person you're dealing with.

If you would ever need a replacement make sure you get some sort of e-mail confirmation first and include the e-mails in the package you send them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back