shure SE530 for zune 120?
May 1, 2009 at 5:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 39

midoo1990

Headphoneus Supremus
hey guuys, i am a new member and i need your help in weather or not to get SE530 for my zune 120 or not. i tossed up the crappy headphones that came with the zune and bought instead skullcandy titan. they were a huge update from the stock earbuds and they are still amazing as i always use them. but i want to replace them because they have a very very heavy bass that make alot of pain to my EARS!dont get me wrong i love bass and i cant listen to any music without base but these skullcandy are going to make me deff!! also another thing is when i turn my zune volume up they become to get squicky and the sound becomes thin and my ears become in alot of pain. i am willing to pay 500 bucks for the SE530 but i want to make sure that they sound significantly better as i have been collecting this money for almost a year(i am still a student in first year of college!) i listen mainly to rock,pop,country,loads of electronic,some house and trance,dance and soundtracks. i listen mainly to coldplay,akon,taylor swift,rascall flatts,DJ angel one,tiesto,von bourne,M.I.A.... you got the picture. i downlaod music from the internet as it is not illegal in my country and mainly i download from limewire. all of my formats are mp3 at 320 and 256kbps. i can get them all to 320kbps if thats the problem. now do you recommend getting these inearphones or not? oh iforgot, i want to know how efficient they are in noise isolation as i listen to my zune in the street in taxi, on bus and in home so i like it to be qiute.should i buy it?any help will be appreciated. thank u all.

May 1, 2009 at 5:40 PM Post #2 of 39
The se530's will be worth your money, given the kind of music you listen to. The isolation is excellent, and need a little getting used to if you have never tried IEM's before. It is a non fatiguing set and the detail is great. The highs are rolled though and leave something to be desired, but that's why they are not fatiguing. The bass is tight and focused, not overtly empowering. If you really want bass though, I suggest trying the sennheiser IE8's and the westone W3's. Both have, IMO, better bass but the se530's are better than the mentioned iem's (any other iem's for that matter) in the mids. It's a matter of preference really. You may also want to try upgrading your source to lossless material to maximize the potential of the shure's.

May 1, 2009 at 5:41 PM Post #3 of 39
Where do you live, it would be nice to know the relative prices of iems for you. I would never, ever pay $500 for the SE530. You should be able to get intro level custom moniters for that price which seems like a smart decision for audiophiles in obscure places as, other than shipping, pricing stays fair. Hearyourself, Livewires, sleek audio are worth looking into.
assuming you prefer universals however, The SE530 fits your guidelines perfectly. It has very good and accurate bass, perfect mids and decent highs, but presents everything in a very subtle and warm manner, you will never feel discomfit from the SE530 and they will give as much isolation as possible from an iem.

May 1, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #4 of 39
wel thank you both for your reply, by the way i live in egypt and i dont have much choice for IEM's but i have an authorised shure retailer here so thats why i wanna stick with them if i needed repair or something.here in egypt people buy ipods, sony mp3s,creaive zen but i am the only one who have zune in egypt!! i love music and i dont see what the point from getting decent mp3 player without decent headphones!! i dont have the choice to ge any other brand than shure because i cant buy from the internet cause i am using his mastercard and if he knew that i payed 5oo bucks for earphones he'll kill me! anyway i have another question, will i need an amp for them or not? i love the sound of the zune and i dont know anything about amps so i wanna know the sound of shure withe the zune only and weather there will be hiis noise or not?

May 1, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #5 of 39
my father mastercard.lol. i cant get lossles songs because i have no itunes account and there is no songs in itunes in egypt!damn you apple.so i only use mp3 with 320 kbps. will it sound good or....???

May 1, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #7 of 39
thank you crowly, but i still have a question:if i use mp3 format with 320kbps will it sound good? my zune can take 320 but it can convert 320 to 192 because it the most suitable for zune. what do u think?should i get them or what. the only option i have is 320kbps!

May 1, 2009 at 6:15 PM Post #8 of 39
The thread title immediately reminded me of Voltag3. Heh.
tongue.gif
(his setup I believe)

One thing with Zune/530's you may want to note is that since it lacks an EQ, you won't be able to do much if you find the 530's treble lacking (unless you get a bright amp or something).

May 1, 2009 at 6:21 PM Post #9 of 39
Quote:

Originally Posted by midoo1990 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thank you crowly, but i still have a question:if i use mp3 format with 320kbps will it sound good? my zune can take 320 but it can convert 320 to 192 because it the most suitable for zune. what do u think?should i get them or what. the only option i have is 320kbps!

320kbps sounds great with my 530's. I'm sure they'll sound great with yours too.

May 1, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #10 of 39
yeah, Voltag3 WAS a popular guy, hehe.

By 192kbps files being the most suitable for your zune, care to elaborate?

May 1, 2009 at 6:34 PM Post #11 of 39
Voltag3 would go HELLZ YEAH!!11!!1one!!1
But yeah, the SE530 pairs well with a Zune and because that lovely bronze blob is very forgiving with poorly ripped/low bitrate music, it would be a very good setup
smily_headphones1.gif

May 1, 2009 at 6:37 PM Post #12 of 39
K19. i love the sound of the zune 120 and frankly i found it awesam as it is not flash y or distoted but it is neutral an deep and some what warm. so i dont care if there is less treble i am looking for the overall sound.
Crowly i mean that the zune software has a feature that can change the song with high kbps to the zune suitable one which is 19. but i can delete this feature andput 320 as the zune can support it.

May 1, 2009 at 6:44 PM Post #14 of 39
ah that..
320 will sound great with your zune
as posted earlier

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post
320kbps sounds great with my 530's. I'm sure they'll sound great with yours too.

May 1, 2009 at 6:50 PM Post #15 of 39
i have the zune 120 and i think that the sound differs some what from the zune 30 but is the same as the 80(by the way there is no 60) the zune 30 have an eq but when playing with it it some what messes up the sound , while the zune 80/120 i can assure you thst you are gona love its sound without eq. seriously i am not joking it is way better than any apple ipod which is crap. the only thing that the ipod surpasses the zune is that its volume is louder(the zune is pretty damn loud though) but it tends to squick at very high volume(crappy apple products, ihate them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back