shure se315 vs ultimate ears triple fi ten
Sep 9, 2013 at 10:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Mitchell4500

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, recently I had a pair of ie80s from China that I were pretty sure were real but still a little skeptical. They sounded nice and did me well until I broke them in a cleaning accident. I don't want to talk about it :frowning2:

Anyway I've been hellbent on finding new iems without breaking the bank. I have the opportunity to buy either the triple fi 10s for $175 or the shure se315 for $150. Both brand new in box. Seems like a good deal either way.

I like the idea of triple drivers. But I have also heard good things about the shures.

I listen to house and electric music. I enjoy bass but clarity is importiant. Also sound isolation is important.

So which should I get? Other suggestions welcome too.

Sep 10, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #2 of 10
Im leaning towards the shures, I feel like they are made better because shure as a company has a reputation in the audio industry where as the ultimate ears are made and owned by logitec. 

The shures also look cool in transparent. 

comments?

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #4 of 10
  Im leaning towards the shures, I feel like they are made better because shure as a company has a reputation in the audio industry where as the ultimate ears are made and owned by logitec.

The shures also look cool in transparent.

comments?

go for the 315's since tf10 is 80% on the non-fit region... if it wont means it will never until u reshell em.. + the stock cables are the most annoying IEM cables I ever delt with..

so on the shure side u can expect a lot of mids... especially the 315 are very mid centric and pretty bass shy. yet very detailed although not hyper detailed.. I always felt that tf10's had a fake detailing from its treble spike.... but that's just me any ways... IMHO Shures have the best cable's in 'the industry + the best shell durability.. so for 150 I would say go for it. although I have better iem's than 315's I still use it.. :)

Sep 10, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #5 of 10
Shure has perfect seal, UE has a lot of problems. Shure has a very good cable, UE has bad cable. Yes, you can change on both, but this is another extra money.
Shure has very good mids, UE has a real problem with mids. UE has better treble and better soundstage.Bass is normal and not perfect on both.
If you like pop, r'n'b, hip-hop, electronic music, UE will be good, but only if you will find a good seal. Shure is very good with all genres, especially with rock.

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #8 of 10
I bought the 315s. I love them so far. the sound isolation is so good. almost a little to good that its creepy at times. And I feel like it has a very well developed sound stage as well as excellent sensitivity. Price was good too. 

Bought it from Guitar center so I got a sun insurance plan for extra $20 i can get a replacement no questions asked. Covers everything. $200 is a lot for me so I figured it was worth it. 

Sep 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #9 of 10
  I bought the 315s. I love them so far. the sound isolation is so good. almost a little to good that its creepy at times. And I feel like it has a very well developed sound stage as well as excellent sensitivity. Price was good too.

Bought it from Guitar center so I got a sun insurance plan for extra $20 i can get a replacement no questions asked. Covers everything. $200 is a lot for me so I figured it was worth it.

glad you loved it.. told you its totally worth it :) in headfi SE315 are very underrated ... :/

Nov 7, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #10 of 10

You won't regret getting these. I have Sennheiser HD650s and IE80s. Shure's E3c was my first IEM, got new when it released, and it's still going strong. Got the SE315s recently and they're what I take with me everywhere. Seal is excellent, sound is excellent, build is excellent, even with the silicones, which I use since they're most convenient of the wide tip choices you get. Wires are excellent, fit is easy, once you figure out how to put them in .

You'll have many years of satisfaction with them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back