Shure se215
Jan 5, 2012 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

flash52595

New Head-Fier
I really quickly just want to get my opinion out on the se215's. 

Pros:Great sound:very detailed (considering the price), VERY comfortable, does not move once they are in.

Cons: Maybe a bit to bass heavy for some (These headphones kind of stray away from Shure's usual mid-centricnes.) A little to hard put in the ear.

Recently I have been using the Addiem's and the Shure se110's (yes i know the're old) and both can be described as being bass light, and for the se110's almost not existent. I usually ended up eq'ing the bass up just a tiny bit to get the sound that i wanted. Just yesterday I bit the bullet and bought a pair of se215's for $92 from Amazon. I was very surprised! I also expected them to be bass light, but they weren't. In fact the amount of bass I would get, would be almost exactly the same as what I would get from the Addiems or se110's after eq'ing. The only difference was that the bass was really controlled, and the detail and extention was great!! The mid's were great as well providing great detail and warmth. The highs were also very crisp, better than my limited experience with IEM ears have heard. I just wanted to get this out there. I am more than a 100% satisfied with the purchase, especially at only $93!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back