Shure SE 530 - Is it worth $150? Or can I get something better for the price?
Feb 8, 2011 at 10:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

leplast

New Head-Fier
Hey guys - 

So, I've been using my Shure E500 for about 5 years, and they've finally died on me.  I called Shure, and they told me that for about $150 I can have them replaced by the SE 530, which apparently is the same as the E500.  I asked for the SE535, but thats out of the question.

Given that I've been out of the market for a good set for years now, can I get something better for $150?  I'm not a basshead, but definitely need a full, rich, textured bass to keep me happy - but at the same time i'm not willing to give up on the purity of treble.

Any suggestions?  My bar has been set pretty high given that I loved by E500's, so I don't really want to settle for anything less.

Thx!

Feb 8, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #2 of 4
It's a no-brainer, because you can sell them for alot more than $150 ...

Feb 8, 2011 at 12:35 PM Post #4 of 4
The TF10 is available in the same price range NEW from Amazon or eBay. Sound is similar but a bit more V-shaped, emphasis is on the bass and treble, whereas the 530s are more mid-centric and rolled off at the high end. From a preference standpoint they might be worth checking out if you want something similar but with a touch more excitement. However, the fit of the TF10 is more worse that the 530s...The Radius DDM are also something to consider, great bass and a full sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back