Shure, revisited
Jan 19, 2012 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

jjb3

100+ Head-Fier
Years ago I had some Shure E4cs and returned them promptly for lack of bass and that tinny sound dreaded by bassheads. I purchased some UE SuperFi5EBs and never looked back. Until I progressed from the EBs to Westone 3s, and now find myself longing for more clarity. So, I just ordered a set of Shure SE535s with renewed hopes of finding something that I missed when I had the E4cs. I am hopeful that my matured sense of bass presence coupled with the higher-end IEM will let me enjoy the Shure sound, but still worry that I will be disappointed. I listen to mostly rap. Does anyone have any words of encouragement as I try them out?

Jan 20, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #2 of 4
The SE535 is definitely not an earphone I would recommend for rap. It has less  bass than the Westone 3. I think you will be happier with the IE8 (I heard it about a year ago, but I have a pair arriving in the next couple of days).

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #3 of 4
Just got the 535s and they are amazing for rap. I needed more clarity than the 8s offer. Thanks for the input. 

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #4 of 4

Quote:
Just got the 535s and they are amazing for rap. I needed more clarity than the 8s offer. Thanks for the input. 

I second this. I don't listen to much rap in particular, but some.

535s are super clear (no pun) and deliver plenty of bass. They also fit me 100 times better than the IE8s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back