Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic Earphones
Oct 22, 2015 at 5:16 AM Post #46 of 6,081
So exciting but so expensive!  Definitely want to test these out though!

Oct 22, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #48 of 6,081
If they ever make it to the UK I hope they take a leaf out of Hifiman's book and price them equivalently rather than just replacing the $ with a £ which would rule me out straight away. And yes, an extended warranty on that fixed cable would be an absolute must.

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:01 AM Post #51 of 6,081
That's quite interesting but given the usual shure pricing in Europe they'll surely be $4000-4500 locally and even imported with the duty fee and VAT will be close to $4k - scary stuff

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #54 of 6,081
  Looks like an interesting product, and kudos to Shure for investing in the R&D for something like this.

Personally, I wouldn't touch it unless Shure provide a warranty on the cable connection into the IEMs of at least five years, preferably ten.

1) I agree

2) I agree

....3) Whilst I applaud the innovation and engineering skill, I would like to know what 'magic' fairy sprinkles Shure believe they've somehow used (or maybe snorted), that yields circa 37db isolation, when virtually every CIEM manufacturer around the globe claims to offer circa 26-27db isolation.

Do the tips come with contact adhesive or expanding PU foam, to be applied to the tip and the ear canal, every time the IEM is inserted..?
rolleyes.gif

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #55 of 6,081
By God they've done it. That's amazing that they engineered electrostatic technology into such a tiny package.

Well, as Jude mentions, STAX already did, a long time ago! I guess the difference is Jude feels this is a better sounding more successful implementation and I would expect isolation to be superior.

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:13 AM Post #56 of 6,081
Is there a soul trade in option for this?

It's really cost a lot. I'll only wish i got a chance to sample them.

Or.. find a way to make more money.. hahaha

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:15 AM Post #57 of 6,081
  Now I'm just wondering how they sound like compared to the Layla's.

Dammit, I just got the Layla's not too long ago.

Don't get too excited just yet, you may actually not like them (its signature) at all when you hear them. If you have the Layla's I'd be surprised if there were a night-and-day difference. Sure, one of them is probably better overall, but don't be too Shure.

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #58 of 6,081
the only thing I don't like on Stax is that they can be bass light. As appears Shure agrees and therefore they have a fix for it, the dac/amp which lets you tweak the sound. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back