Shure IEMs for Exercise/Workout
Oct 21, 2009 at 8:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

niranhopper

500+ Head-Fier
Hi

I have a shure E4C and i tried it out yesterday in the gym. The sound quality was good and i loved using it. However i found that the ear pads and the cable getting wet because of sweat. Are these headphone meant to be used during exercise and would it affect the durability?

thanks

Oct 21, 2009 at 3:15 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by niranhopper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi

I have a shure E4C and i tried it out yesterday in the gym. The sound quality was good and i loved using it. However i found that the ear pads and the cable getting wet because of sweat. Are these headphone meant to be used during exercise and would it affect the durability?

thanks

Great single driver IEM. I used mine for a couple years regularly while working out sweating like a madman and I never had a problem. Keep in mind musicians on stage under hot lighting sweat a lot too. Just try to keep them in your ears as much as possible while working out. Don't remove and re-insert. That's where you may run into a problem.

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM Post #3 of 5
Should not have a problem, although Shure is already pretty infamous with their cable hardening, but that is mostly only on the 530s. I would suggest that if you sweat on your cable, you should try and wipe them down after you use them, I always try to do that to try and preserve longevity.

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi. Thanks for the replies. I have already exchanged my e4c once before due to cord breaks. The new cord has been good for the last 1 year and seems to be sturdier than the old and no indications of damage. So i guess it should be safe to use them

Oct 21, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 5
I've exercised regularly without a problem. I always route the cord down the front of my shirt. The only change is that the cord near the ears and neck gets a bit stiff after awhile, except for the Ety4s. I try to wipe down the cord from time to time anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back