Shure E4 vs. E3
Feb 16, 2006 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Brohken

100+ Head-Fier
I'm pondering getting the E4. Already own the E3. How much of a step up is it? Worth the money? I can get the E4's for roughly $210.

Would anyone like to take the E3's off my hands?

Also I notice that on Shure's website they have a gaming version of the E4's, ie the E4g. The color is the same (black) and the specs are the same. What makes the gaming version a gaming version?

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 8
To me, the E4 is definitely a step up from the E3. More bottom end and clearer highs (that aren't harsh, which I find the E3 to be).

Feb 16, 2006 at 6:12 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brohken
I'm pondering getting the E4. Already own the E3. How much of a step up is it? Worth the money? I can get the E4's for roughly $210.

Would anyone like to take the E3's off my hands?

Also I notice that on Shure's website they have a gaming version of the E4's, ie the E4g. The color is the same (black) and the specs are the same. What makes the gaming version a gaming version?

e4s are going to be a pretty good upgrade. The treble is where the real gain is going to be. I personally think it is a good deal.

Feb 16, 2006 at 7:08 PM Post #7 of 8
You should serach the forums. I was in a quandry before purchasing my shures, and the info here is quite amazing. Search for E3 E4 and you'll see threads with both mentioned. I ended up getting the E4!

Feb 16, 2006 at 9:09 PM Post #8 of 8
how much do you think I could get for my E3's? Gray color, great condition. Still have most of the sleeves I think, even have triflanges.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back