shure e3 repair help?
Sep 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

timroyjordan

New Head-Fier
I have these shure e3s that I love. However one the right side the plastic cover seperated and I can not find the other piece. I called Shure and wrote them to try to find a cover but they said they are discontinued and they will not sell parts. They will upgrade me to a modern pair for 102$. I am "unshure" how to go about repairing these. My best hope is to find a broken pair on ebay to scavenge for the part I need. Any other ideas? I am appealing to the wisdom of the crowds. 

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #2 of 4
So long as the monitors themselves are fine, you could always get them reshelled into customs.

Sep 13, 2013 at 12:24 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply, 
wow what is "re-shelled into customs" is that something I can do online? I assume its getting custom shells on them. 
I would like to save these headphones I like them. :) Can you recommend a place?

Sep 13, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #4 of 4
Fisher audio, you need to go to a audiologist and have molds made 75 .00 to 100.00 depending on the place then roughly 100.00 for the reshell and about 35.00 for the cable plus shipping....plus wait for reshell could be up to 6 weeks depending on the place

Users who are viewing this thread

Back