Shure E3 for $140
Jan 24, 2004 at 6:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

earmonger

1000+ Head-Fier
Just got mine at B&H Photo

www.bhphoto.com

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...x=10&image.y=7

for $139.95, including the Shure 30-day tryout period. They're out of stock at the moment--did I get the last one?-- but they tend to restock pretty fast.

Question: has anyone tried these with custom earmolds?

So far, I'm pretty satisfied with them using the large gray soft plugs or the mellower foamies; the hard transparent ones are painful and tinny.

I sent back Ety 4Ps because they were just plain anemic in the bass department, and the E3s are far better. But whoever opined that they were a notch above Grado SR-225 must have ears that aren't shaped like mine.

Jan 24, 2004 at 6:54 AM Post #2 of 3
That's a pretty good deal..
smily_headphones1.gif

As far as custom molding.. you can refer to my Shure E5c + Custom Molding review... it'll give you an idea of what to expect when using custom molding.

Or what not to expect.. custom molding will modify the sound coming out from your earphone according to how long the "sound tunnel" inside the mold has to reach, and how it has to bend...

So... custom molding is a good way to get a really comfortable fit, and absolutely incomparable isolation. However, when it comes to reproducing a consistent sound image, you're not going to get that. It will vary from person to person.

Not worth it imo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back