Shure black olive foamies?
May 31, 2006 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 24

aluren

Headphoneus Supremus
I read someone mentioning that Shure is coming out with the black olive foamies that are supposed to be more firm than the yellow foamies. Are they going to come with the e500? I don't see any mentioning of it on Shure's website. Anyone have any idea?

May 31, 2006 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 24
what a coincidence, I was just about to ask the same thing. No let's hope someone has an answer...

May 31, 2006 at 10:55 PM Post #3 of 24
I actually have a pair that Sugarfried gave me at the National Meet. I'm not quite sure when they will come out, but around the time of the e500 is a pretty good bet. They're comparable in comfort and seal to yellow foamies but are much more durable.

May 31, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by erikzen
I actually have a pair that Sugarfried gave me at the National Meet. I'm not quite sure when they will come out, but around the time of the e500 is a pretty good bet. They're comparable in comfort and seal to yellow foamies but are much more durable.

pic please....
biggrin.gif

May 31, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #5 of 24
Quote:

Can you take a picture of it?

May 31, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by n1cx
Can you take a picture of it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevor1189
pic please....
smily_headphones1.gif

We think alike. At the same time!!!! ---> check out the post times :
eek.gif

Jun 3, 2006 at 4:40 PM Post #7 of 24
bump for pic

Jun 3, 2006 at 6:02 PM Post #8 of 24
Quote:

Sorry, I'm not sure who Sugarfried is. When I was at the National Meet, I asked one of the folks at the Shure table about rumors of different foamies/olive black foamies. The person I spoke to told me that, as far as they knew, nothing like that was under development.

I'd be delighted to hear that my informant was clueless. New foamies would be great.

Jun 3, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #10 of 24
They exist, they should be coming out soon, and I should be able to take a photo later this evening. Sorry for the wait.

Jun 4, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #11 of 24
Here are some shots of the Shure black foamies:

Attached to my UM2s
shureblackfoamiesum2.jpg

Solo 1
shureblackfoamies.jpg

Solo 2
shureblackfoamies2.jpg

They are very squishy like regular foamies but have a coating on them that seems more like the flex sleeves.

Jun 4, 2006 at 4:32 AM Post #13 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325
interesting

they look lyk black comply's

That's a pretty accurate description except the complys are a bit softer and the outer coating doesn't seem to be as thick, if you understand what I'm trying to say. Also the standard comply tips are an 1/8" longer or thereabout.

Jun 4, 2006 at 5:15 AM Post #15 of 24
I think the foamies give a slightly more balanced sound. The bass gets a tad muddier and the highs seem slightly rolled off. Isoloation is a just a smidgen better with the black foamies though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back