Shuffle question...
May 28, 2006 at 2:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Graz

500+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking of putting together an ultra-mobile rig...just a flash player with a good headphone output >> iem's or earbuds.

The Shuffle is near the top of my wish list, but one question...is itunes required to transfer songs, or can I just drap-n-drop from Windows?

Peace,

Graz

May 28, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
I'm thinking of putting together an ultra-mobile rig...just a flash player with a good headphone output >> iem's or earbuds.

The Shuffle is near the top of my wish list, but one question...is itunes required to transfer songs, or can I just drap-n-drop from Windows?

Peace,

Graz

http://shuffle-db.sourceforge.net/

May 28, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
Thanks. How do you like your U10?

Peace,

Graz

Lovin it, I just need some running headphones that arent streetstyle or clipons
rolleyes.gif
and that can stand the heat...

The little U10 is great though, I got it for a very cheap price otherwise I too would have gotten a shuffle.

May 28, 2006 at 6:41 AM Post #5 of 8
Graz, at least look into the Cowon iAudio flash players (U2, U3, G2, G3) ... not as ultra-minimalist as the Shuffle, but very good sound (you can tweak it almost endlessly if you care to) in a small, light package.

Also, I recently picked up a Samsung YP-U2, which is a Shuffle-like stick with a built-in USB plug and a screen ... good sound, and it's very portable (the odd headphone jack placement is weird, but not a problem -- for me, anyway). Samsung apparently wants you to use software to load the player (the software enables navigation and maybe even the playing of DRM'd downloads, which I don't use), but since I'm just using this player to shuffle songs randomly, I was able to drag and drop songs into it.

Oh, and I like the Creative Zen Nano for what it is -- I like the small form factor (good for the gym, exercising, etc.), ease of operation and the use of an AAA battery. The Creative isn't as loud as the iAudios and the Samsung, though, if that's an issue.

May 28, 2006 at 8:35 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by LaBreaHead
Graz, at least look into the Cowon iAudio flash players (U2, U3, G2, G3) ...

Can I drag n drop songs to the iaudio players, or do they require proprietary software to transfer files?

Peace,

Graz

May 28, 2006 at 9:00 AM Post #7 of 8
You can drag and drop onto them IIRC.

May 28, 2006 at 2:08 PM Post #8 of 8
I have been playing around with my Ipod Nano, and I'm loving it. I installed RockBox which allows drag and drop as well as a pretty nice EQ. If you search online then you can find a pretty decent deal. 1gb ones for around $130.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back