Shozy Zero IEMs
May 3, 2016 at 8:35 PM Post #556 of 1,545
It's very hard to compare earbuds to iems. Lol. With that being said the zero is a really well done iem that has a warm dark ish sound that would be enjoyable to someone that also enjoys the monk.

May 3, 2016 at 10:12 PM Post #559 of 1,545
Thanks for the answer! Any more thoughts folks?

It's a good earbud especially taking into account its price. I like its bass response. The midrange is on the thicker side, which to me is preferable to a midrange that comes across as "thin" and thus lacking presence. The treble is not shrill, but on the other hand I think the midrange and treble could be tuned to bring out more resolution.

So the Zero is in my opinion an earbud that is worth trying out to check if you like its sound signature. I own entry level Audio Technica and Denon earbuds, and I would prefer the Zero when comparing those. At the same time I prefer a sharper tuning so it's really a case of personal preference once again.

May 3, 2016 at 10:15 PM Post #560 of 1,545
  It's a good earbud especially taking into account its price. I like its bass response. The midrange is on the thicker side, which to me is preferable to a midrange that comes across as "thin" and thus lacking presence. The treble is not shrill, but on the other hand I think the midrange and treble could be tuned to bring out more resolution.

So the Zero is in my opinion an earbud that is worth trying out to check if you like its sound signature. I own entry level Audio Technica and Denon earbuds, and I would prefer the Zero when comparing those. At the same time I prefer a sharper tuning so it's really a case of personal preference once again.

can the zero tackle vocals?

May 4, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #561 of 1,545

can the zero tackle vocals?

Hell yea. I found it very pleasant regardless of price even owning mids monsters like the MH334.

May 4, 2016 at 8:35 AM Post #563 of 1,545

Have been listening to the Zeros for three days now and 100% agree with your impressions, coming from Fidue A83 then HLSX 808s the Zeros offer a completely different flavor to my ears that has an enjoyable thick sounding warm signature with an addictive full belly bass response , for such a tiny and most comfy IEM they amaze me with their sound quality.. these are the 1st IEMs where I can hear more seperation daily and no longer detect the muddyness and bleeding of bass into mids I noted on day one. . even when going back to the 808s and Fidues to compare . the Zeros despite less resolution in the mids and highs seem to compensate with fuller sub bass , thick as molasses signature with warmth and timber that is increasingly honey-potting my earsdrums.. makes me consider less about getting another IEM and more about getting the Shozy Alien ! Was that the plan all along Shozy? The Zeros are the bait and the Hook is the Alien? Bloody clever business model if thats the case.

May 4, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #565 of 1,545
It's very hard to compare earbuds to iems. Lol. With that being said the zero is a really well done iem that has a warm dark ish sound that would be enjoyable to someone that also enjoys the monk.

I think a good question would to compare the Zero to the Cygnus. Like you said, it is really tough to compare earbuds and IEMs though because some people really prefer the fit and isolation of IEMs. 

May 4, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #566 of 1,545

Hell yea. I found it very pleasant regardless of price even owning mids monsters like the MH334.

are you serious O_o

I do personally think the mids is a strong point on the Zero. While it can lack the extra layering and texture that higher end IEMs might get, the mids just sounds smooth and sweet.

Well, it is not a MH334 beater of course. But you can do a lot worse with a lot higher end IEMs with their "unique" mid presentations.

May 4, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #567 of 1,545

are you serious O_o

He didn't say Zero 'owns' MH334 mids.

He meant 'even when I own MH334' Zero is quite good'

Internet communication breakdown. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back