Shozy Alien+
May 18, 2018 at 7:06 AM Post #529 of 539
Sorry.. Which line out if I may ask? I am not aware that the Alien+ has a LO as I believe the one next to the 3.5 HO is an Optical Out.
It is combination optical and line out.

May 19, 2018 at 7:54 AM Post #530 of 539
It is combination optical and line out.
THE-BIGGEST-FITNESS-SECRET-REVEALED.png

May 27, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #531 of 539
Very sorry for just replying and I do appreciate it very much for helping me.
I am exploring the line-out now and thinking what portable amp would suit being paired with the Alien+.

*I originally thought that getting the Alien+ was to avoid buying an amp.. Oh well, my poor wallet hahaha!

Sep 21, 2018 at 6:37 AM Post #532 of 539
Hi guys, couple of questions over this DAP:
1) why is unavailable (as per new) everywhere? is it discontinued already or what?
2) does is still not provide DSD playing, correct?

Cheers!

Sep 23, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #533 of 539
Hello guys,

recently bought one, however my Windows doesn't recognize the device while in DAC mode (I have the latest firmware from 2017). I'm enabling this feature by clicking on power ON + the middle button, "USB AUDIO" sign shows up. I connect the player via USB and nothing happens ? Is there any additional driver required ? I cannot find any other option besides usual inside built speakers to choose from. ThX for help.

Oct 4, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #534 of 539
I add myself the same request as how to use It as a DAC with osx environment.. couldn't do It so far.

Moreover, please a Quick list on how to.find happiness with sd cards, folders, and files.

So far I have:
1. Use fat32
2. Avoid strange characters
3. Strip away tags
4. No DSD
5. ......

Cheers!

Nov 10, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #535 of 539
Hello guys,

recently bought one, however my Windows doesn't recognize the device while in DAC mode (I have the latest firmware from 2017). I'm enabling this feature by clicking on power ON + the middle button, "USB AUDIO" sign shows up. I connect the player via USB and nothing happens ? Is there any additional driver required ? I cannot find any other option besides usual inside built speakers to choose from. ThX for help.

Mine shows up in Playback Devices as "ALIEN+ USB AUDIO" and is using Microsoft's Generic USB Audio driver.

Feb 9, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #536 of 539
Any suggestions for pairing Shozy with a particular amp , e.g. for ER4 or any other IEM, or would it be just better to move on with a more refined, meaning more expensive, DAP?

Feb 10, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #539 of 539
What little amp is that? I’ve dusted off my Alien recently as well. I’ve gotten quite used to the Cowon EQ so it’s difficult to go back.

Fiio A1. I like it a lot, it doesn't interfere so much with the sound signature of the Alien, but helps me reach volumes I appreciate more than natively without. Pressing the EQ Button gives you this pattern; EQ Normal (ie default, really sounds like it doesn't add or change anything the Alien does, just allows for greater volume)>EQ Mid Bass boost>EQ Low Bass Boost>Bass Reduced.

So not an 'EQ' exactly but a bass boosting (and even reducing) button that gives different kind of boosts. I find it useful, depends on your taste in music I guess. I listen to older stuff that benefits from some bass boosting as well as newer underground rap stuff that can have overwhelming bass and so I quite like being able to pull that back at the touch of a button.
My only complaint is that with each press of the EQ button there is a slight silence gap, it's not fluid (not how it is with the AP100 and it's dedicated EQ button, when you press that it cycles through different EQ presets uninterrupted).
Still... the A1 is pretty cheap, worthwhile having I reckon. I hope it's successor manages to get rid of the silence gaps/pauses between cycling the EQ button.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back