Show your Bedside Setup!
Aug 19, 2008 at 6:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Townyj

Headphoneus Supremus
This has probably been done before. But i thought it could be sometime to show off some stuff etc.

This is my little setup on my bedside table, collected it over the past couple months. Just one more pair of headphones on the way and it will be all done. Sometime down the track i may look into a Head Direct EF-1 over the Travagan's Red. It takes up so little room though its great!

CIMG3529.jpg

Aug 20, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 7
attachment.php

Left to right, top to bottom:
  1. AKG K701 on a Woo Audio stand
  2. Old Sony clock radio (I now boycott Sony products due to their rootkit fiasco)
  3. Musical Fidelity XCan-V3 and X-PSU V3
  4. Pioneer PD-D9-J SACD player
  5. Squeezebox 2
  6. Niles Audio source selector switch

Aug 20, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #4 of 7
160708.jpg

Aug 20, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #5 of 7
My bedside rig is more humble than most on here but it only gets sporadic use since I moved a larger nicer TV into the bedroom.

2781629649_2c12d09ee1_o.jpg

ATH-70 Electrets powered from a vintage Aiwa 22 series Mini component integrated Amp sourced from a Technics SL-XP5 PCDP and with the excellent Aiwa 22 series tuner for the local AM news.

Aug 20, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This has probably been done before. But i thought it could be sometime to show off some stuff etc.

This is my little setup on my bedside table, collected it over the past couple months. Just one more pair of headphones on the way and it will be all done. Sometime down the track i may look into a Head Direct EF-1 over the Travagan's Red. It takes up so little room though its great!

(image not reposted for berevity's sake)

This is a super nice setup! And almost exactly like what I envision my potential future listening nook to look like. A compact source, small amp, and a headphone stand with a set of nice cans. No fuss, no big source components, etc.

I'm curious- is your iPod iModded? Was it worth it to get that wooden dock? $235 for a piece of wood and some wire seems mighty steep to me unless it's really giving you a lot of benefit. The boutique cap docks I can maybe see but just the plain one comes at a pretty high premium for looking pretty and RCA outlets on the back. Anyhow the other question I had is do you find it annoying to control the iPod from the dock like so? I was concerned with this and is a reason why I kind of want to stick to the stock apple dock because it has the remote with it so you can change tracks without having to lean over or remove the iPod from the dock (thus interrupting your sound).

Ruahrc

Mar 9, 2019 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 7
The headphones change from time to time, (the one's pictured are Denon AH-D5000 and AKG K702 (Austrian version) but i've had the same amp for 4 years now and it has never let me down despite daily use for 4 whole years. The TV is a 40 inch Sony Bravia HDR. My favourite function of this tv that is totally unique to Sony TV's is the LED motion mode, which changes the way the back light works so as to decrease blurring and enhance the picture. It brings it closer to OLED display. That's Sony for ya! always developing innovative technologies that revolutionise the industry. Watching movies on that tv with LED motion mode activated and listening with my Sony MDR7510 headphone makes for a very cinematic experience.
2f0af52.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back