Show us your Sony ES collection.
Jan 29, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #151 of 321
Hi guys,

I just happened to stumble upon this forsaken thread but still felt impelled to swagger my Sony ES piece of gear. Nothing extraordinary, the model has already been posted, Sony DVP - S9000ES but unless I overlooked it, didn't see the gold version of this model (that is absolutely stunning imo). 

So, herewith some pics from this rare? version,

Anyway, just my two cents

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:57 AM Post #152 of 321

Quote:
Hi guys,

I just happened to stumble upon this forsaken thread but still felt impelled to swagger my Sony ES piece of gear. Nothing extraordinary, the model has already been posted, Sony DVP - S9000ES but unless I overlooked it, didn't see the gold version of this model (that is absolutely stunning imo). 

So, herewith some pics from this rare? version,

Anyway, just my two cents

Wow, I can not believe how much better the unit looks in gold.  I have a working DVP-S9000ES in black.  To the best of my knowledge the only color sold here in the US was black.  Thanks for the post and the pictures.

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #153 of 321
Yeah, amazing products!  Here's another pic where you can really see the gold.

I like the S7700 in gold even more (matches my old STR-DA90ESG ...if I had a gold one... both of which had the motorized front panel)

I used to get the Sony Style magazine in the pre-Internet days, and I spent waaay too much time looking at all the crazy gold gear.  Ultimately, I think I prefer black, but those components with the wood sides were pretty awesome.

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:49 AM Post #154 of 321
I love the gold 9000es.  Now I wish I had bought one.

Feb 12, 2012 at 12:36 PM Post #156 of 321
Thought I'd show you guys this player before it dies.

Feb 12, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #157 of 321
What an awesome piece of gear.  Thanks for taking all the time to show it off!

Feb 12, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #158 of 321
Absolutely beautiful. If only Sony's products were as good today as they were in the 1990s... 
frown.gif

Feb 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #160 of 321
I will do a video in the SCD-1 next week. I think it will be nice to capture a moment in time before all those players stops working in the next ten or tweenty years. 

Mar 8, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #162 of 321
Great thread!  I used to only buy Sony ES stuff, but I got fed up with their proprietary standards and got burned by Sony's first XBR SXRD television so I've since moved on.  But along the way I've owned (and still have, in boxes)

STR-DA50ES receiver (one of the first AVRs with DTS decoding)
STR-DA4ES receiver
MDS-JA333ES MD deck
MDS-JA20ES MD deck
TC-KA2ES cassette deck
CDP-CX333ES 300-CD megachanger
DVP-S9000ES DVD/SACD player (this is the only one I don't have any longer)
RCD-W222ES 5-disc CD recorder

I just got my DA50ES out of storage to try out as an amplifier with a pair of Hifiman HE-6 headphones I just ordered.  I'm curious to see how it does!

Mar 8, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #163 of 321

Quote:
Great thread!  I used to only buy Sony ES stuff, but I got fed up with their proprietary standards and got burned by Sony's first XBR SXRD television so I've since moved on.  But along the way I've owned (and still have, in boxes)

STR-DA50ES receiver (one of the first AVRs with DTS decoding)
STR-DA4ES receiver
MDS-JA333ES MD deck
MDS-JA20ES MD deck
TC-KA2ES cassette deck
CDP-CX333ES 300-CD megachanger
DVP-S9000ES DVD/SACD player (this is the only one I don't have any longer)
RCD-W222ES 5-disc CD recorder

I just got my DA50ES out of storage to try out as an amplifier with a pair of Hifiman HE-6 headphones I just ordered.  I'm curious to see how it does!

Is the 50es the only piece left?  Please let us know how it sounds with HE-6.  Some pics would be nice too.

Mar 9, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #164 of 321

Quote:
Is the 50es the only piece left?  Please let us know how it sounds with HE-6.  Some pics would be nice too.

Oh no, I still have all of my ES equipment except for the DVP-S9000ES.  However, except for the DA4ES, DA50ES, and JA333ES, all of it is packed up and stored in my basement (I use Onkyo in my dedicated theater room now).  My wife uses the DA4ES and JA333ES in her home gym.

I actually just unpacked the DA50ES two days ago to get it ready for when my HE-6s arrive.  I didn't remember how good its condition was...aside from some dust on the rear panel connectors, it's basically as-new.  I also forgot how badly its touch-screen remote sucked.

I need to get the RCD-W222ES back out too.  I remember it had a very small nick on the bottom edge of front panel, but I bought a brand-new front panel directly from Sony, so I just need to figure out how to get the old one off.

Mar 9, 2012 at 3:15 PM Post #165 of 321
Just wondering if anyone listens directly through the headphone jack on the CDP or tuner? I typically use the headphone jack on my ES receiver as opposed to the jack on the CDP because I always assume the headphone amp in the receiver is more likely to be higher grade. I have a few Sony CDPs, but no ES models so I can't directly compare the headphone amp in a CDP vs receiver 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back