Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 26, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #39,661 of 41,345
Lots of fun over the weekend thanks to some RAAL magic visiting my rig :) Serious stuff indeed!

1000014713-01.jpeg

1000014700-01.jpeg

Some feedback here :wink:

Dec 26, 2023 at 8:23 PM Post #39,662 of 41,345
workstation #3 glass shelves from monoprice came in handy and rather affordable make shift desk rack-
( I just have to find longer legs for top shelf instead of hockey pucks)

IMG_4484 (1).jpg

Dec 27, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #39,664 of 41,345
workstation #3 glass shelves from monoprice came in handy and rather affordable make shift desk rack-
( I just have to find longer legs for top shelf instead of hockey pucks)

Hockey pucks go BRRRRRRRRR

Also, IIRC those legs unscrew off, and they may be able to be screwed into each other if you unscrew the adjustable foot. If this works, you can get a couple of extra shelves and use those legs as extenders, and they will match.

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #39,666 of 41,345
Finally got a headphone stand for my humble head-fi station. It's a Christmas gift from my brother.

pengu.jpg

The bottom is round and the penguin works as a wobble doll:

nice.... thoughtful gift

Dec 27, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #39,668 of 41,345
Merry Christmas fellow headphone connoisseurs! 🎄

Christmas gift to self: Cayin HA–300MK2 with Takatsuki 300B’s. 😊

Signal
Network Acoustics Muon Pro — Firewall — Muon Pro — Melco S10 switch — Muon Pro ethernet filter — dCS Bartók (with dCS Vivaldi clock and Black Cat Trøn clock cables) — Luna Rouge RCA — HA–300MK2 — Double Helix Prion 4 — Utopia 2022

Power
JMF PCD–102 power filter
Luna Rouge power chords

Resonance Control
Quadraspire Q4 Evo rack
Ansuz Darkz T2S
Ansuz Darkz D2T

Streaming Tweaks
Ferrum Hypsos LPS
Furutech The Empire power chords
Furutech Flux–50 NCF inline power filter
Belden 1303E CATSNAKE Cat6a network cable

HA-300MK2_1.jpeg
HA-300MK2_2.jpeg
Headphone_System.jpeg
I have changed my listening habits over the past three years and it shows in how the system is constructed. It beautifully fulfils what I am looking for:

dive into music, explore its inner beauty and architecture, enjoy, be moved, meditate, follow the artist’s intent.
This is the first time I ever seen someone who own DCS Bartok and use power filter that more expensive than the DAC itself haha. JMF is truly impressive!

Dec 27, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #39,670 of 41,345
This is the first time I ever seen someone who own DCS Bartok and use power filter that more expensive than the DAC itself haha. JMF is truly impressive!
Yes, the JMF filter is amazing. It has a little story.

When I upgraded from Bartók to Vivaldi I was underwhelmed by the bump in listening experience (kept the Bartók in case I wanted to build a second smaller system). So I went on a quest to squeeze the most out of the Vivaldi. First huge improvement were the Black Cat Trøn clock and AES/EBU cables. Then I felt the amp was a bottleneck and the Riviera did the trick. Then I exchanged the Utopia for the Stealth with great results. Then power. The Ansuz distributor I had, made room for the JMF.

When one imagines music flowing through the system like water through pipes and finally a water tap, the diameter of the pipes and tap at least doubled. I instantly knew the search for power filters is over.

Recently moved into a far smaller, temporary flat and the Vivaldi has no room here. So I brought Vivaldi clock and JMF for the Bartók. This system does not have the refinement or resolution of a Vivaldi, but it is really immersive and pretty close to analog. Lots of fun!

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2023 at 5:25 PM Post #39,672 of 41,345
Long story here, so bear with please. Earlier this year the trailer park where we have lived the last 10 years (and my in-laws the 31 years before us) was sold to an "investment group". It is half mobile homes and half seasonal campers. They immediately started evicting some of the long time residents like us (We owned the home free and clear and only paid rent on the lot). We had the balls to counter sue in court and won. However, as our lease came to end it was obvious they would not be letting us renew. We went on the search for a new home as our mobile was too old by county standards to be moved. We found a place we liked and were all set to close. About a week before closing an inspection did not go in our favor and we had to start all over again. (VA loan). We ended up spending most of September and all of October living in a hotel waiting on closing. We finally closed on October 31st. Between work, travel and moving stuff out of storage and unpacking I have been without my listening station. I am now finally getting things set up in the spare bedroom of our new place. This is the prototype for my Schiit Tower. I will build a permanent tower out of oak over the winter with a 17" wide top shelf for a possible regular width component in the future.

schiit_towwer20231227_145152.jpg

Dec 27, 2023 at 6:09 PM Post #39,674 of 41,345
Merry Christmas fellow headphone connoisseurs! 🎄

Christmas gift to self: Cayin HA–300MK2 with Takatsuki 300B’s. 😊

Signal
Network Acoustics Muon Pro — Firewall — Muon Pro — Melco S10 switch — Muon Pro ethernet filter — dCS Bartók (with dCS Vivaldi clock and Black Cat Trøn clock cables) — Luna Rouge RCA — HA–300MK2 — Double Helix Prion 4 — Utopia 2022

Power
JMF PCD–102 power filter
Luna Rouge power chords

Resonance Control
Quadraspire Q4 Evo rack
Ansuz Darkz T2S
Ansuz Darkz D2T

Streaming Tweaks
Ferrum Hypsos LPS
Furutech The Empire power chords
Furutech Flux–50 NCF inline power filter
Belden 1303E CATSNAKE Cat6a network cable

HA-300MK2_1.jpeg
HA-300MK2_2.jpeg
Headphone_System.jpeg
I have changed my listening habits over the past three years and it shows in how the system is constructed. It beautifully fulfils what I am looking for:

dive into music, explore its inner beauty and architecture, enjoy, be moved, meditate, follow the artist’s intent.
Which component are you using the Ferrum Hypsos with?

Dec 27, 2023 at 6:44 PM Post #39,675 of 41,345
Which component are you using the Ferrum Hypsos with?
I use them to make streaming sound as analog as possible. Found that switching power supplies ruin the realism and flow of the streaming chain from internet socket at the wall to the streamer. Optical stretches only solve part of the issue and introduce new ones, so i kept the network all copper.

At the moment they are powering the fibre modem and the firewall in the direct streaming path. I made a mistake setting up the system a couple days ago and found out today both of them had the phase on the wrong side. Gosh, did the sound open and deepen now. 😀

I am using them as well to power my two wifi access points in order to get rid of ancillary noise. There will be one more, if I can get the right DC plug for the non–audio switch.

Unfortunately, to realise the full potential of streaming, the sauce costs as much as the steak.

Network Setup.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back