Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 13, 2013 at 5:27 PM Post #12,858 of 41,318
Thanks Ultra!

The new Taboo MK III is 4.6 W into 8 ohms for speakers. I need to find the HP output chart.

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #12,859 of 41,318
Quote:
The new Decware Taboo MK III came in...I am waiting for the new rack to arrive. I'll post another pic when I get the new tower arranged.

Didn't see your setup, Longbowbbs!
size]
 How is the Bottlehead Crack + HD800 combo?

Apr 13, 2013 at 6:25 PM Post #12,860 of 41,318
Quote:
Quote:
The new Decware Taboo MK III came in...I am waiting for the new rack to arrive. I'll post another pic when I get the new tower arranged.

size]

heh heh...Mr. Guttenburg called the Decware CSP2+ a Bottlehead Crack in an article.... The twin Decware's are gorgeous looking together. CSP2+ on the left (It is primarily a Pre-Amp that is also a really nice OTL HP amp. On the right is the new Pentode Decware Taboo MK III. I have several weeks of tweeking the combo to see what they can do together for HP's.

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #12,861 of 41,318
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

size]

heh heh...Mr. Guttenburg called the Decware CSP2+ a Bottlehead Crack in an article.... The twin Decware's are gorgeous looking together. CSP2+ on the left (It is primarily a Pre-Amp that is also a really nice OTL HP amp. On the right is the new Pentode Decware Taboo MK III. I have several weeks of tweeking the combo to see what they can do together for HP's.

I knew it wasn't the Bottlehead Crack!! The jack on the Crack is up ontop of the amp.. Stupid me. Well, glad your enjoying the combo.

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #12,863 of 41,318
Very Nice. I always like seeing Mad Dogs out there. And that second screen as a huge album browser is sweet.

Last step: make or buy some stands for those speakers and get them off the desk for even better sound. :)

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #12,866 of 41,318
Quote:
My head-fi station is my battlestation. Very modest compared to most people here, but I like it.

How did you set up the screen like that?

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #12,867 of 41,318
Thanks guys. Both monitors pivot 90 degrees so you can put them in portrait mode. And the album art is full screen "Cover View" in JRiver Media Center.

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #12,868 of 41,318
Quote:
Loving the 202s! I had a pair, myself. They're a gateway drug, be warned.

I bought HD202s a few months ago and i wasnt impressed at all with the build quality / comfort.  They sounded ok, but didnt hold up at all.  I have to recable them if i want to ever use them again and its tough to justify $20 in cables and connectors for headphones i didnt much care for to begin with.

I think monoprice MEP-839 are the best headphones in that price point.  

Apr 14, 2013 at 12:52 AM Post #12,869 of 41,318
I bought HD202s a few months ago and i wasnt impressed at all with the build quality / comfort.  They sounded ok, but didnt hold up at all.  I have to recable them if i want to ever use them again and its tough to justify $20 in cables and connectors for headphones i didnt much care for to begin with.

I think monoprice MEP-839 are the best headphones in that price point.  

Cool, because I'll never purchase a Monoprice product as long as I live.

Apr 14, 2013 at 3:31 AM Post #12,870 of 41,318
Lampizator DAC 4, Parrasound P/LD1100 pre-amp, Tektron TK2A3/50M mono 2A3 amplifier and T1 headphone. Computer is using as source.

Provisional configuration, I'm waiting an SR-009 and Eddy Current Electra
tongue_smile.gif

I initially post in the "Pictures of your computer rigs" and a kind member suggest me to post here, there will more people interested
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back