Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 26, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #11,491 of 41,120
Quote:
The Stax mafia (the Don SR-Omega's are at a friends) so a humble Stax shot (with more incoming my way):

You've done it. You've committed the ultimate crime of words. I assumed it was a foregone conclusion that somebody would do this eventually, but I didn't know the day would be today. Not so soon!

You know you're deluding yourself when you've put the words "humble" and "Stax" in the same sentence.

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #11,492 of 41,120
Nice setup, bngbox! Those are expensive stands for not-so-expensive headphones 
biggrin.gif
 Or are those knock-offs? 

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #11,494 of 41,120
Quote:
Nice setup, bngbox! Those are expensive stands for not-so-expensive headphones 
biggrin.gif
 Or are those knock-offs? 

Haha I actually got them for the equivalent of about $14-$16 USD each here in China and I believe they're made of walnut wood. I like to think of wooden omega-style headphone stands as a generic items that everyone should make. And I'm not sure why people haven't other than the Sieveking ones! They definitely work well enough and are sturdy, well-built, and level/stable. They don't have that cool 'zebrano' or bamboo design but, I think they still look nice (especially for the price) 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM Post #11,495 of 41,120
Quote:
Haha I actually got them for the equivalent of about $14-$16 USD each here in China and I believe they're made of walnut wood. I like to think of wooden omega-style headphone stands as a generic items that everyone should make. And I'm not sure why people haven't other than the Sieveking ones! They definitely work well enough and are sturdy, well-built, and level/stable. They don't have that cool 'zebrano' or bamboo design but, I think they still look nice (especially for the price) 
tongue_smile.gif

I will have to pick some of those up!

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #11,497 of 41,120

Ain't she a beaut? 
biggrin.gif
 Listening to the Project Sunrise ii  with the odac and dt770's. (Sorry about the iPhone pic quality)

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #11,500 of 41,120
Quote:

Ain't she a beaut? 
biggrin.gif
 Listening to the Project Sunrise ii  with the odac and dt770's. (Sorry about the iPhone pic quality)

Liar! That's the Project Horizon! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:52 AM Post #11,501 of 41,120
Haha I actually got them for the equivalent of about $14-$16 USD each here in China and I believe they're made of walnut wood.

Is there somewhere I can get those on the internet? The ones that everyone else has are way out of my budget.

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #11,502 of 41,120
Quote:

Is there somewhere I can get those on the internet? The ones that everyone else has are way out of my budget.

Yeah I know, they're super expensive in the States. You can get them on this site and they're all legitimate sellers. I just don't know if they send to the U.S. =/ And you would need to be able to read Chinese...lol. I would offer to bring some back for people but that would be like smuggling goods haha. So many nice kinds of stands for the equivalence of about $14-25 USD each. The conversion is 6.23 RMB to 1 USD, for your info.

http://list.tmall.com/search_product.htm?q=%B6%FA%BB%FA%BC%DC&type=p&cat=all&userBucket=17&userCell=37

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:41 PM Post #11,504 of 41,120
Quote:

biggrin.gif

Nope! I asked them to add an extra pair of heatsinks to help keep the components cool. The chips underneath the heatsinks get SERIOUSLY hot so it was worth it. 

Quote:

That is gorgeous. Did you build it yourself??

I wish I had the time and patience haha. I ordered it assembled

Feb 26, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #11,505 of 41,120
Quote:
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Nope! I asked them to add an extra pair of heatsinks to help keep the components cool. The chips underneath the heatsinks get SERIOUSLY hot so it was worth it. 

Quote:

That is gorgeous. Did you build it yourself??

I wish I had the time and patience haha. I ordered it assembled

Ahhh, I see. I've been seriously considering the Project Horizon. I'm with you... I'm lazy and would rather order it fully assembled. :)

How do you like it?? What headphones are you using with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back