Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Apr 18, 2024 at 11:53 AM Post #40,966 of 41,100
This is what I have right now.

IMG_5432.JPG

IMG_5434.JPG

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:02 PM Post #40,968 of 41,100
You have comfy looking slippers and vintage radios, what more does a person need

I think the big radio "works" in theory. But I don't want to try it out. I feel like I was born in the wrong time period. The old stuff looked so much better and arguably the music was much better also.

Apr 18, 2024 at 12:36 PM Post #40,969 of 41,100
Thanks! It sounds nice, it sings to the heart :wink:

The electronics on top shelf is a tube DAC, the Horizon from Lampizator (Poland).

The amp sits on 2nd tier, it's a AIC-10, a hybrid design from Riviera (Italy).

And a quick update shot after some fine tuning on the DAC (Omicron isolation footers, Synergistic Research Purple fuse). Next stages will likely be tube rolling and cable loom progressive upgrade.

Outstanding set up. My friend has the same Horizon+Riviera combo and loves it. Have you tried any tube rolling in the Horizon? I know some don't like to roll, but, there are some amazing alternative tube options out there for the Horizon, but adapters are needed. I'm a Lampizator guy myself, running two of them in different systems. I have a Pacific 2 in the speaker system.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #40,970 of 41,100
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:48 PM Post #40,971 of 41,100
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #40,972 of 41,100
Apr 18, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #40,973 of 41,100
Apr 18, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #40,974 of 41,100
... great tubes; my "go to" 12AT7s ... numerous pairs ...

I'm thinking of getting a backup pair. But feel free to recommend other tubes I can use in my Echo Mk2.

Apr 18, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #40,975 of 41,100
24041802453323553818390872.jpg

COSMO - VENUS - PARA on Viva 2A3 amp, what else ?
Nice set up and they are not that expensive. Did You had a chance to compare these with Hifiman HE1000 stealth, Denon AH D92000 or ZMF Auteur Classic?
The Denon i had, Hifiman heard and the ZMF orderd. That is why i am asking. Do You have any comfort issues or build QA? I did hear on Youtube that the yokes do not hold that goed.

Apr 18, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #40,976 of 41,100
Outstanding set up. My friend has the same Horizon+Riviera combo and loves it. Have you tried any tube rolling in the Horizon? I know some don't like to roll, but, there are some amazing alternative tube options out there for the Horizon, but adapters are needed. I'm a Lampizator guy myself, running two of them in different systems. I have a Pacific 2 in the speaker system.

Thanks!

These DACs are musical instruments, really.

Some tube rolling will be unavoidable in the future (temptation is too strong, although the H. sounds so marvelous already), but I hope I will not make it an addiction :wink:

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #40,978 of 41,100
All you guys have awesome setups. I feel like mind is pedestrian by comparison. I wish I could afford the more expensive gear you guys have.
Even those of us with pretty high end setups envy those with even better setups. I just love seeing them all!

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:08 AM Post #40,979 of 41,100
All you guys have awesome setups. I feel like mine is pedestrian by comparison. I wish I could afford the more expensive gear you guys have.
.... there should be pride of ownership with one's setup. But if one isn't taken away to TUNEsia (🤣🤪), that pride is empty. If one is taken away, enjoy! That is a great setup!

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #40,980 of 41,100
Even those of us with pretty high end setups envy those with even better setups. I just love seeing them all!
The level of enjoyment doesn't necessarily correlate to the amount of money spent. We only start to enjoy higher-end gear more, once we hear them, and even then, there are some unique sounding more budget options we might keep. It is human nature to always strive for better, climb higher and never be satisfied long. I sometimes see wealthy folks new to the hobby going from a $500 entry level setup to a $10K stack in 6 months. Sure, each to their own, but IMO they are missing out on a lot of fun and a deeper understanding of sound and gear. It took me years to accumulate what I have now, and I enjoyed every upgrade to its fullest while learning a lot on the journey. (Of course, CanJams and several auditions helped too.) I can say, I am at a happy place right now. Budget pretty much maxed out with components I really like versus the competition, and I consider them good value for what they offer. Sure, there is always higher, and I could immediately spend 10 times the money what I have spent so far, but I reached a point where I am content. It is good to see more expensive gears and vast collections, and of course I would be happy to own some of those stuff, but I wouldn't say I am envious. I just love what I hear at home and enjoy pretty much every evening what I have built up. (Which I actually like more than some setups that cost twice as much.)
I wish you and everyone to reach a similarly happy and content place where upgrading is not an urge anymore but only driven by healthy curiosity. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back