Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Dec 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #16 of 41,155
Here is my current head-fi station in the home office.  Been intact for several weeks now....
beerchug.gif

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #17 of 41,155

Quote:
Here is my current head-fi station in the home office.  Been intact for several weeks now....
beerchug.gif

Wow... me likey 
tongue.gif

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:22 PM Post #18 of 41,155
Very nice. What are you plugging all this in to?

Quote:
beerchug.gif

Dec 19, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #19 of 41,155
Lovely pictures. I won't bother posting my K701 with a portable amp and portable dac combo (yes, i know)

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:12 PM Post #20 of 41,155

Quote:
Quote:

How do you like the airhead? Do you use the crossfeed?

It's O.K..  Mostly I don't use the crossfeed because it attenuates the high-mids to highs too much.  You can hear it right away.  I think the other, more expensive headroom products have a switch for the highs but I'm not sure.  The airhead is an improvement over the Memorex (duh) and has two headphone outputs to boot.  Good idea.

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #21 of 41,155
Sorry for the bad photos (you can thank my iPhone).  Here's my current setup.

I'm pleased as punch with all of it except the speakers.  Hopefully I will get around to auditioning some towers early next year to replace the Polks I still have from college.  The Denon is quite remarkable at driving my HD650s and SE535, but for some reason the TF10s sound pretty lousy out of it; that is why I got the Headroom micro—though maybe it will go sooner than later, as I don't really use the TF10s for home listening.    

(Equipment list can be found in my profile)

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #22 of 41,155

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How do you like the airhead? Do you use the crossfeed?

It's O.K..  Mostly I don't use the crossfeed because it attenuates the high-mids to highs too much.  You can hear it right away.  I think the other, more expensive headroom products have a switch for the highs but I'm not sure.  The airhead is an improvement over the Memorex (duh) and has two headphone outputs to boot.  Good idea.

Cool. My parents apparently got me a Total BitHead for Christmas, and I'm pretty psyched. I have only really heard good things about it, except that the crossfeed had some minor issues. I guess I will have to see if I like it. Thanks for your thoughts on the Airhead!

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:32 PM Post #25 of 41,155
Vinnievidi,

I like your clean system.  Looks like you're using an iPad to control your Mac Mini too.  Love the SL-1200 turntable!  

HeatFan12,

You got a serious headphones station.  I love the solid state & tube systems.  Do you still spin CDs?

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:33 PM Post #26 of 41,155
Looks like there are more computer music stations than CD players.  I still spin lots of CDs. 

Dec 19, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #27 of 41,155

You know, once I started using the iPad/ MacMini setup, I don't know how I did without it.  As for the SL-1200, my wife thinks it kills the aesthetic but said I can't replace it until it dies.  Too bad for her that it will last longer than the two of us! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Vinnievidi,

I like your clean system.  Looks like you're using an iPad to control your Mac Mini too.  Love the SL-1200 turntable!  

HeatFan12,

You got a serious headphones station.  I love the solid state & tube systems.  Do you still spin CDs?

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:02 PM Post #29 of 41,155
Hey Now,

Here is my computer listening station . . . . . . . 

iMac > ALAC > RWA Transit > Opus DAC > Amphora > Fostex T40/AKG K601 or K242HD/Grado SR325 or SR60/AH D-2000/QP805HS/ER4S APS V3/RE0 or A2s

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Dec 19, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #30 of 41,155
^ Oh wow, I freaking love the wood in your room. It reminds me of when I used to live in the mountains of Colorado. 

Anyway, here's my room. No cleaning and crappy iPhone 3g pics.

If you look carefully, you can see the grubDAC I am working on for another user here, as well as several others scattered about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back