Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old pictures please...
Feb 8, 2016 at 6:34 AM Post #20,716 of 41,293
Indoor-outdoor.

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:33 AM Post #20,718 of 41,293
^^ Nice photography, especially with the top pic! I love the simplicity of a headphone that sounds great right from the phone. 

Thank-you.

That silly $39 headphone does get loud? Louder than you would ever need it to be. At first the bass seemed a little wooly but I'm used to it.

Feb 8, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #20,721 of 41,293
  @Oregonian ...did you consider turning that comfy chair to face the speakers? Just a thought.

Yes I did.............fortunately the chair swivels 360* as needed so when I listen to the speakers that's what I do.   A compromise due to where the TV is and the fact that the better half had some say in the room layout.  
blink.gif

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:31 PM Post #20,723 of 41,293
  My listening station/mini cinema.

The Schitt Stack also gets dragged out to the lounge room for some hardcore gaming.

Nice monitor! 
beerchug.gif

My mess...I mentioned in another forum that the rectifier will probably melt the back of said monitor.  I've added reflective aluminum tape to the back area.

I confess that I tend to listen via the speaker way more than the headphones.

-H

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:39 PM Post #20,725 of 41,293
  Nice monitor! 
beerchug.gif

My mess...I mentioned in another forum that the rectifier will probably melt the back of said monitor.  I've added reflective aluminum tape to the back area.

I confess that I tend to listen via the speaker way more than the headphones.

-H

very nice system! 
just asking myslef why you dont use the woo audio\chord as a pre amp for the focal (although Im not sure if they can work as pre)

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #20,726 of 41,293
Recently added new shelves and a pair of ELAC B6s to the man cave.

Feb 8, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #20,727 of 41,293
  very nice system! 
just asking myslef why you dont use the woo audio\chord as a pre amp for the focal (although Im not sure if they can work as pre)

Thx.

I believe the headphone outs are not compatible with the Focal's line in.  Woo Audio allows customers to order the WA22 with pre-outs added but skipped it.  So the Hugo TT sends line outs to the Focal via RCA and WA22 via XLR.  I have a Schiit SYS hooked up in reverse to kill the RCA out so the Focal gets no signal (kinda wished Chord had implemented a mute select option for outputs).

-H

Feb 8, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #20,728 of 41,293
  Thx.

I believe the headphone outs are not compatible with the Focal's line in.  Woo Audio allows customers to order the WA22 with pre-outs added but skipped it.  So the Hugo TT sends line outs to the Focal via RCA and WA22 via XLR.  I have a Schiit SYS hooked up in reverse to kill the RCA out so the Focal gets no signal (kinda wished Chord had implemented a mute select option for outputs).

-H

pfff you need to pay more for pre? :/

forgot to say that I love the look of your focal monitors :) really like speakers with double front port from some reason.

Recently added new shelves and a pair of ELAC B6s to the man cave.

awesome system
at first look I thought im looking at some *** speakers, never show your speakers with their grills on
ph34r.gif

which amp you like the most with the DT880 btw?

Feb 8, 2016 at 8:38 PM Post #20,729 of 41,293

(NEW) Mackie MR5 mk3 studio monitors
Schiit Vali headphone amp
(NEW) NuForce u-DAC 3
Geek Out 450 DAC + Geek Out V2 DAC (not pictured)
Senn 600 / 558
(NEW) V-Moda XS

Acoustically the Mackies sound geat. The bass is shallow and uncontrolled. Not awful but I've heard better. Looking into maybe getting something else for bookshelf speakers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back