Should I just return my headphones? (electronics expo)
Apr 4, 2009 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Evshrug

Headphoneus Supremus
I ordered a pair of AD700s from Electronics Expo about two and a half weeks ago, but I got the A700 instead
triportsad.gif
. I tried to exchange them, but they sent me the (exact same unit) A700 back!
confused.gif

So I thought I'd try to sell them instead of returning them, because my trust in their attention span is thin. But I can't post in the FS forum here yet, and selling them on Ebay would probably net me less money than I paid for them! I've been wanting Higher-Fi for a long time now, have I just been wasting time?!
Has anyone ordering from Electronics Expo actually gotten what they asked for? What should I do at this point?

Cheers,
Evshrug

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #2 of 11
Send it back, and put a request for cost of shipping for both of them. Dunno about the US regulations with returns, but you ordered AD700 not A700, so the seller should give you a set of AD700, and pay return shipping.

I'd contact Visa, it's obvious they don't want to supply the correct phones. Have you phoned them up?

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #3 of 11
Apr 4, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #4 of 11
They paid for return shipping already, and I'm still holding on to the A700. I called a guy in customer service to set up the return, and called back the same guy when I got the exchanged package. He sounded surprised (never heard of that happening before) and confessed that beyond what ordering information he'd already done, a shipping mix-up was ultimately out of his control. So when I said I'd like a refund, he said they could credit my account once they got them back.

Apr 4, 2009 at 10:43 PM Post #5 of 11
Thanks nullstring... that's good news. I will watch that auction since I can't mail until monday anyway, in the meantime I put fliers up around my campus. I don't expect anyone to bite because these headphones target budding audiophiles, and that's such a temporary position!
biggrin.gif

Do you think I should call them again, ask for a supervisor or shipping manager to make sure I get an exchange? Maybe ask for price adjustment because I've waited a long time with two seller errors?

Apr 4, 2009 at 11:02 PM Post #6 of 11
I received the A700 in error too, and they told me that had gotten things settled with their inventory system. I won't know until next week if they send me the AD700, but I'll try to keep you updated.

Apr 4, 2009 at 11:38 PM Post #8 of 11
Send them back with a copy of your order info. to show that they messed up and claim them for all the shipping costs as well.

1. If yiou want a full refund, you should tell them so.

2. If you used a credit card then you made need to contact the the card company to say that the transaction had been cancelled and the wrong goods return so that the card transaction may be stopped.

beerchug.gif

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #9 of 11
You should definitely return and keep copies of the receipt and your order so you can provide it to your credit card company.

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:15 AM Post #10 of 11
I listed the A700 that was shipped to me by mistake by Electronics Expo on eBay. By day three there were 6 watchers, when I finally took the listing off because I decided to keep it instead, I immediately got an email offering me 90$ for it.

My point being, you can probably get your money back by selling it on ebay.

Apr 5, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #11 of 11
I ordered the AD700's and got the A700's, just like the rest of everyone here, and I sent them back yesterday. I called and talked to them and they said it was a barcode problem, which explains why people would still get the same set of headphones back, and that it was resolved.

We'll see what happens when I get them back later this week.

I was so excited to get them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back