Should I get the Triple fi pro, or shure e500
Apr 8, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #16 of 32
Shure E500PTH are very good IEMs.

Apr 8, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #17 of 32
I own E500PTH and looking forward to try triple-fi 10pro. Since i heard they(TF 10pro) shows more details in highs than E500PTH with great bass(little less bass). The bass on E500PTH are heavy and detailed with great, rich midrange. The guitars music realy shine and it's very detailed straight out to the headphone jack. I beleive TF10Pro will work fine with my T9. It's(T9) shows rich details in mids(way more than 5G ipod). Simply can't wait to try TF10Pro and Westone 3.

Apr 8, 2007 at 8:52 PM Post #18 of 32
Thank u guys for ur help. Today in the morning i went to JR and picked up a pair of shure se530pth, which are i believe the same as the E500s. Anyways, thank u guys, as these are about the best headphones i have ever listened to. Holy crap, the detail, the bass, is amazing, and the highs are like perfectly smooth. And the midrange makes it beautiful. This sound bigger than a lot of headphones i have tried, i dont know how to describe it. The sound is just big, and clear and detailed. Maybe the triple fi pros are more detailed, but i cant see any iem sounding this big while staying transparent. I love them dats all. I dont see how the triple fis can have a bigger soundstage, but these have a really nice one, and it is more headphone like in dat category.

Compared to every iem I have ever tried, and owned these shures blow the others out of the water in every department. and I think they can give a match to expensive headphones. WOW. WOWOWOW.
icon10.gif

Apr 8, 2007 at 9:05 PM Post #19 of 32
LOL you are hkd and iam glad you are enjoy these as much we do..........

Apr 9, 2007 at 1:58 PM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Iriver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank u guys for ur help. Today in the morning i went to JR and picked up a pair of shure se530pth, which are i believe the same as the E500s. Anyways, thank u guys, as these are about the best headphones i have ever listened to. Holy crap, the detail, the bass, is amazing, and the highs are like perfectly smooth. And the midrange makes it beautiful. This sound bigger than a lot of headphones i have tried, i dont know how to describe it. The sound is just big, and clear and detailed. Maybe the triple fi pros are more detailed, but i cant see any iem sounding this big while staying transparent. I love them dats all. I dont see how the triple fis can have a bigger soundstage, but these have a really nice one, and it is more headphone like in dat category.

Compared to every iem I have ever tried, and owned these shures blow the others out of the water in every department. and I think they can give a match to expensive headphones. WOW. WOWOWOW.
icon10.gif

haha... you don't see tf10p having more sound stage and transparent but you hear them.
580smile.gif
congrads on your E530 purchase

Apr 9, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think TPF's sound anything like Etys whatsoever.

I've had both and your right. Different decay, tonality, clarity, soundstaging. The Ety's are neutral while the Triple.fi's just have good balance which is not the same. I can hear the frequencies where UE adjusted esp. since I have had all their universals within a short time of each other.

Congrats on the purchase Mr Iriver! Good luck with them!

Apr 9, 2007 at 10:24 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by jant71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've had both and your right. Different decay, tonality, clarity, soundstaging. The Ety's are neutral while the Triple.fi's just have good balance which is not the same. I can hear the frequencies where UE adjusted esp. since I have had all their universals within a short time of each other.

Yea, no doubt. Not even close. TFP's do not have that razor sharp detail on the high end...It's just detailed with longer decay. Much more like a Shure product (E4). Then of course the TFP is much bassier and the soundsatge is HUGE!!!! I'm using mine unamped and after about 10 days now I am really digging them. Just about perfect IMHO.

Apr 10, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea, no doubt. Not even close. TFP's do not have that razor sharp detail on the high end...It's just detailed with longer decay. Much more like a Shure product (E4). Then of course the TFP is much bassier and the soundsatge is HUGE!!!! I'm using mine unamped and after about 10 days now I am really digging them. Just about perfect IMHO.

I was scared the TPFs would sound like the etys, but the description seems to scream dat they sound much like the shure E500, but with a longer soundstage. I wonder if the soundstage is as deep though. These e500s not only have a deep soundstage, but the soundstage has a lot of depth too. I don't know how peoples still insist that the etys have more detail. I thought the etys had less detail than the E4s, and i find this shure e500 much more detailed all across the range. The detail with its nice decay however does not make it as obvious though, but its all there and more IMO. From hearing the superfis, and the description u guys give of the TPFs, it seems the decay , unlike i had thought, is not ety like, and dose must sound nice too then.

WOW, anyways triple drivers sound awesome. I am actually prefering the midrange of these to the grado for rock. Its so fast, and clear. I mean as in one of the best midrange I have heard, at least under the 1k range. I had almost forgotten how sweet it is to have good headphones.

Apr 10, 2007 at 4:15 AM Post #26 of 32
Triple Fi's seem to vary from one type of music to another, but their overall success in making for involving sounds exceeds the Etys. Listen to your player with EQ turned off and you'll get a better idea of what the Etys do.

Apr 10, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #27 of 32
If you are going unamped, I would say go for the e500. I love ultimate ears and have the triple fi, but without an amp, the midrange is laid back and slightly recessed, but with an amp, they reproduce music almost if not perfect. The midrange no longer lacks, everything comes right into place. But unamped, I would say the e500, they're easier to drive too.

Apr 10, 2007 at 12:59 PM Post #28 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEMaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are going unamped, I would say go for the e500. I love ultimate ears and have the triple fi, but without an amp, the midrange is laid back and slightly recessed, but with an amp, they reproduce music almost if not perfect. The midrange no longer lacks, everything comes right into place. But unamped, I would say the e500, they're easier to drive too.

But I thought E500 was less detailed on the high end and slightly muddy...or that the big bass overtakes some of the high end? No?

Apr 10, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #30 of 32
I definitely think that the tf10pros are superior to the e500's. Owning both and a/bing them on the exact same rig, the UE's definitely have more details in the highs and bass. The e500's are more forward in the mids, vocals on the triple.fi's are presented as coming more from the center of the band, not out front, but once you are used to it I find it much more pleasant. I would say that you notice poor recordings more with the UE's, and the new sure foamies are definitely superior to any of the UE silicones foamies (I am currently looking into diy mods to use the new shure olive foamies on my UE's.

For me the thing that really pushes me away from the e500's are the rolled off highs. This is helped when you amp them, but the triple.fi's sound also improves with amping.

Don't get me wrong, these are both fantastic headphones. However for me, the triple.fi's definitely take the cake!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back