Should I get the DENON AH-D2000?
Jan 11, 2010 at 10:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Trae

500+ Head-Fier
I've been reviewing the headphone for a while now and I don't know if I should purchase it or not.

Some people say that the headphone is great, with nice mids and highs and a LOT of bass. But, there are also some people that say there is too much bass, or the bass sounds muddy and loose and it hurts the mids and the highs.

I just want a great all around headphone with sharp, well refined bass without distorting the mids and highs. I just feel like if I purchase the headphones, I wont feel satisfied and will have to pay $140 for the markl mod and I am afraid to do the mod myself because I know I'll strip some screws, or place the dynamat in the wrong place or something. So if there is anybody that have these headphones, please help me out.

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:32 PM Post #3 of 11
You will not get "sharp, refined" bass with the D2000 stock. That would be my main complaint; it's a bit flabby (although I adore them all the same). How about the Shure SRH-840? Plenty refined, but the bass is there and kicks admirably for the price.

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is your budget for buying headphones / related equipment?

What sound card or other equipment will you be plugging these headphones into?

My budget for some headphones is around $200, and I will not be purchasing any amp or equipment related to that. They will be used mainly for listening to music and watching movies from my computer.

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 11
I don't know if this will help or not, but I have a pair of ATH-M50s. It is a great product, but there isn't enough bass and they aren't that comfortable after wearing them more than 5 straight hours.

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #7 of 11
x2 on Shure SRH840...sound even better amped.

Jan 11, 2010 at 10:58 PM Post #8 of 11
I say buy two $100 pair, keep one that you like. Then you have money for an upgrade later on and you have some better perspective with you next purchase, having already tried two pair. If this is your first big headphone purchase, I can't recommend anything other than playing the field a bit with headphones and keeping your first purchase a little cheaper.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #10 of 11
I am not sure if its worth it to buy D2000 if you are not planning to purchase a full size dac/amp setup. To my ears, my D2000 benefitted a lot with such a setup compared to straight out of my laptop. Maybe desktop soundcards can do better justice, no idea about that.
You might want to look in the range of D1001K if you are not planning to use a full size dac/amp setup.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mritt400 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You may want to wait on considering the D2000's. They are back up to $349 currently on amazon, you would find a better value elsewhere for now...

WOW...this morning these headphones were around $220 on amazon. Wonder what made them do that.

What about the Ultrasone HFI-780 S-logic or the Senn HD595? Are those good products?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back