Shirt tugs on earbuds when wearing the cord inside the shirt?
May 24, 2011 at 11:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

manthisis

100+ Head-Fier
When I wear my earbuds (Denon AHC360) I have a problem.  When Im walking with them in (the cord in my shirt) the shirt tugs on the cord and I have to keep readjusting my earbuds.  I think the cord falls back into my shirt, and that makes the shirt tug on it.  (the cord on my earbuds is thin, if that is a important factor.)  Is there any way to fix this?  Thanks!

May 24, 2011 at 11:33 PM Post #2 of 8
Two ways to fix it: stop wearing it in your shirt or wear it over-the-ear by wrapping the cable over your ear instead of dangling under.  Other than that I don't see what else you can do to help.

May 25, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #5 of 8
The clip attaches to the cable, below the separation. Give yourself enough slack that you can turn your head without pulling on the cable, position there, and clip it to your collar. (I wear my cables over ear/behind the head, so it's the back of my shirt collar.)

May 25, 2011 at 11:05 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
The clip attaches to the cable, below the separation. Give yourself enough slack that you can turn your head without pulling on the cable, position there, and clip it to your collar. (I wear my cables over ear/behind the head, so it's the back of my shirt collar.)

so would you pull the cord up and attach it to your collar?

May 26, 2011 at 1:03 PM Post #7 of 8
Basically, yes. Can also be done in front if you wear your IEMs that way. The point is to localize the "pulling" to where it won't affect your ears/fit, leaving enough cable slack for normal head motions.

A typical shirt clip:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back